PDA

View Full Version : bt with new LP tone examples

helliott
September 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Here's the new baby still learning each other. Just close mic'd the Lonestar, and recorded the guitar louder than the BT so you can hear the tones better. Sadly, that also exposes the crappy playing. Oh well.
Starts with the straight neck pickup, then neck with single coil, then middle, mid coil split, etc. Last bit I kicked the Fulltone Mosfet Drive to get that classic LP solo sound.

https://www.box.com/s/fuxlk6s0ysco7aglnqhb

stingx
September 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Playing is great and I love the recorded tone and the phrasing you ended the track with was sweet. Very nice, man. Congrats on the new guitar.

Spudman
September 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Some really nice varied tones there. I like how flexible that guitar sounds. Nice playing too.

helliott
September 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks Sting and Spud. Still liking the LP more each time I play it. (Picked up the Strat last night and liked it a lot too, especially since we've had a break.) Someone on another forum said they thought these new Standards don't have the same classic LP tone as the straight LPs. Probably true. But the variety you get in exchange is pretty cool, and is what moved me to grab a new one although I'm not traditionally an LP guy. (Not since the late 80s anyway.) Still learning the curves and hope to do a bit more production on another track sometime soon.

mrmudcat
September 26th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Whoever said that is tone deaf!! Granted im not a big fan of coil splitting on a L.P. and or chambering (I am an old fart) but that is a good one ya got there a keeper fo-sho:applause

Playing was also good brother!

helliott
September 26th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks mrmudcat. Can't really contrast and compare as I haven't been an LP guy much up until now. I like the weight, and the splitting sounds more like a P-90 Peter Green sort of thing to me, so I like that too. Between the splitting options and using the volume and tone controls, this is easily the most flexible sounding guitar I've had in a while. The Strat is much easier to use in a way since there aren't the tone/volume options (I still fiddle though) but overall the LP has a broader palette.