PDA

View Full Version : About time! Gary Clark Jr. debut album gets release date

R_of_G
September 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
This seems to have taken forever, but the debut full-length from Gary Clark Jr. will be available October 22.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2012/09/gary-clark-jr-releases-new-details-about-upcoming.html

If you've yet to experience Clark, get thee to YouTube post-haste!

Fine. I'll do it for you.

ECbgzgvfG4Y

Tig
September 12th, 2012, 06:01 PM
We've been waiting for a full album from him. If is turns out to be anywhere near his potential, it should be great.

sunvalleylaw
September 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Cool. I have liked what i have heard. He was one of my favorites on the President's Blues in the White House show a few months back.

R_of_G
September 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I've worn the four song EP into the ground and have watched every video on YouTube. I am so ready for new Gary Clark Jr. to hear.

kidsmoke
September 13th, 2012, 07:41 AM
he was at crossroads 2010, and eclipsed many of the performers in my view. The most jarring set of the day. This is great news.

Jipes
September 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
he was at crossroads 2010, and eclipsed many of the performers in my view. The most jarring set of the day. This is great news.

I agree totally, Clapton was apparently very seduced by the potential of that artist and the band with Doyle Bramhall II was the perfect layout for Clark to express himself at Best. Loved it :rockya

Retro Hound
September 19th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I loved him on the Crossroads special. I'll be picking this up for sure!

Retro Hound
October 30th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I just got this a couple days ago. Kinda odd mix. Some really rockin' and rough blues, and then there's some really over-produced smooth pop stuff. Worth getting for the good stuff. If you're going to get downloads or rip the CD, you can skip a few of the songs, depending on your tastes of course. For me, Blak and Blu, The Life, and You Saved Me are songs I can live without.

Bookkeeper's Son
October 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sounds like one-chord, distorted noise to me.

Jipes
November 8th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I just got this a couple days ago. Kinda odd mix. Some really rockin' and rough blues, and then there's some really over-produced smooth pop stuff. Worth getting for the good stuff. If you're going to get downloads or rip the CD, you can skip a few of the songs, depending on your tastes of course. For me, Black and Blue, The Life, and You Saved Me are songs I can live without.

I agree with you I'm quite disappointed by this record some stuff sounds like a" John Legend try to meet Prince in the Men toilets" overproduced and lyrics are really poor. The rest of his bluesy stuff is OKbut not tremendous imho :socool I guess the young man is very talented but definitely need a musical producer and a direction to take

It doesn't reach by far a Doyle Bramhall II record for example even on the funky stuff

R_of_G
November 8th, 2012, 09:16 AM
While I'm not in love with two or three tracks on the album, I try to remind myself that albums used to be 35-40 minute affairs. Now they're longer as people feel they need to "fill" a CD. My point is, there's 35-45 minutes of excellent material on this album. Thanks to iTunes and playlists and such, it's easier than ever to skip the ones I don't like. The ones I do are still getting a lot of play, particularly in the car.