PDA

View Full Version : close to you baby boogie

helliott
September 15th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Still working with the new LP to see what it will and won't do well. Here's some woodshedding over an old but rockin blues BT. LP through my Traynor Darkhorse at 5W. Added some candy on mixing but not much. Comments welcome as always.

https://www.box.com/s/virihknb70csbkdftwk4

piebaldpython
September 15th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Nice slidin' starting at 0:35 on! What kind of slide do you use here? Which finger do you slide with? Must say you've got the alternating fret/slide down to a science. Great stuff.

helliott
September 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks for listening, piebaldpython. I use brass slides, and wear them on my baby finger.

mrmudcat
September 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM
One emoticon sums up your playing and the tones coming from the L.P./Traynor amp!!!:master

I know your just noodling but Duane would of approved brother!!! That shit gave me goosebumps so I know if your a tone chaser like me you have to be pleased with your sound!!! If your hard on youself like me you might listen and pick out a few minor flaws in your playing(I didnt hear any) but as far as tone your on the crab!!!!

Have you ever tried glass brother good glass???

helliott
September 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks for listening mrmudcat. You're right about always chasing tone -- but the LP is getting pretty darn close, especially with my Lone Star. With a gig rig of the Strat through the gain channel, gain backed way down and drive turned off, and LP through the clean channel gain running at 7, with the Tele in the rack backing things up, and I am one happy old camper. If my arthritic playing matched my gear I'd be even happier, but ya can't have everything and it sure is fun trying.
Never tried that sort of slide but will watch for it. For reasons not clear to me I struggle with glass. Steel is too bright so brass is a good compromise.

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Soundin' mighty fine there! Enjoyed the slide you mixed in!

helliott
September 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for listening DVM. Glad you liked it.

Pickngrin
October 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm digging the slide too! Well done, Helliott.

helliott
October 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks fer takin the time to listen and comment, P&G