PDA

View Full Version : Wavin 4 fingers and a thumb to all!

Big_Rob
December 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM
Howdy all,

My name is Robert and I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Im 35 and have been playing guitar on and off for a total of 20 years, but just recently started playing seriously for the last almost 3 years.

Im not in and have never been in a band, but would love to meet someone to jam with.

I play a 1998 Mexican Strat and a 2004 Ibanez AS73 thru a Behringer V-Tone 210.

I love the blues, classic rock, metal & thrash, jazz guitar, and classical guitar

My influences are too many to list, but Stevie Ray & Jimi are definetly up on the top of the list.

Robert
December 21st, 2006, 04:11 PM
Welcome Big Rob - good name! I am Small Rob.

Mexican Strat eh, I've been looking at getting one of those. Nice guitars.

How'd you discover the ol' Fret.Net?

Enjoy our stay, somebody will soon tell you "....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here...." and we all agree on that! :)

Tim
December 21st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Hello to another Floridian. I think you' will like it here. Watch out for the guy from Orlando. He like to repeat things. Seriously, this is a great place to be. Welcome Big Rob.

duhvoodooman
December 21st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Heya, Big Rob! I'm OLD Rob. Well, Bob, actually, but most around here just call me DVM. Welcome to TheFret. With that hardware and those influences, you'll fit right in around here! BTW, SRV is my main man, too..... :DR

ted s
December 21st, 2006, 05:14 PM
Welcome big Rob, like they said ....

oldguy
December 21st, 2006, 05:17 PM
Welcome, Big Rob! You've got some good gear there!
As Roy D. Mercer would say, "How big a boy are ya' ?":D

Big_Rob
December 21st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Welcome Big Rob - good name! I am Small Rob.

Mexican Strat eh, I've been looking at getting one of those. Nice guitars.

How'd you discover the ol' Fret.Net?

Enjoy our stay, somebody will soon tell you "....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here...." and we all agree on that! :)

Well, actually, I was doing a search on Callaham trem blocks and came across multiple discussions on the topic right here. Then I got totally engulfed in reading tons of threads and found that this would be a place to gain and share a lot of information.

I really like your dolphinstreet.com website, Ive gotten bunches of great tips and info there.

sunvalleylaw
December 21st, 2006, 06:21 PM
Welcome Rob! I own a mexican made 60th Anniversary strat myself. My first electric. (I am a newbie) As you have already discovered, you will enjoy yourself here.

Steve

Howdy all,

My name is Robert and I live in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. Im 35 and have been playing guitar on and off for a total of 20 years, but just recently started playing seriously for the last almost 3 years.

Im not in and have never been in a band, but would love to meet someone to jam with.

I play a 1998 Mexican Strat and a 2004 Ibanez AS73 thru a Behringer V-Tone 210.

I love the blues, classic rock, metal & thrash, jazz guitar, and classical guitar

My influences are too many to list, but Stevie Ray & Jimi are definetly up on the top of the list.

Spudman
December 21st, 2006, 09:45 PM
Welcome aboard BigRob. (wavin back at ya)

warren0728
December 21st, 2006, 10:11 PM
welcome big rob....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

Robert
December 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM
Heh Warren, you know how to bring out a smile in a fellow fretter!

And I think I'm gonna call you "Pancake Man".

Katastrophe
December 21st, 2006, 11:09 PM
Welcome, Big Rob!

And Warren, your avatar cracks me up!:D

sunvalleylaw
December 21st, 2006, 11:32 PM
welcome big rob....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww

ww, love the adjustments to your sig line and avatar!! :D :D

Iago
December 22nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Welcome Rob!!

One more floridian... bad I`m not in florida anymore, there was always somebody to jam.

Hope u like it here like the other guys!

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome Big Rob.

Soooo, just who is that Chicken Man in your avatar?

Big_Rob
December 22nd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome Big Rob.

Soooo, just who is that Chicken Man in your avatar?

I dunno, but hes got one convenient location, In Africa :D

Hogfullofblues
December 22nd, 2006, 08:49 AM
Hey Rob. Big Welcome!

marnold
December 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
I dunno, but hes got one convenient location, In Africa :D
He's a bit character in Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. He is called on to bring one of the main characters back to life even though he only raises chickens from the dead. It's funnier than it sounds.

"Arise, chicken!"

Spudman
December 22nd, 2006, 09:50 AM
He's a bit character in Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. He is called on to bring one of the main characters back to life even though he only raises chickens from the dead. It's funnier than it sounds.

"Arise, chicken!"
I knew a lady once who could bring chickens back to life.

Big_Rob
December 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM

"Arise, chicken!"

That episode is my favorite.

I use this image of BillyWitchDoctor.com yelling "Arise Silver Arise" on a gold and silver forum I post on when the silver market is down...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Big_Rob829/600064741_l.gif

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 12:57 PM

"Arise, chicken!"
Ahh, yes Aqua Teen Hunger Force!

It sounds pretty funny t'me!

Spudman
December 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Nice socks! You'd think they wouldn't go with a loin cloth but they do.

tot_Ou_tard
December 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Nice socks! You'd think they wouldn't go with a loin cloth but they do.
Here's hoping I find an argyle loincloth in my Christmas stocking!!!

OK, Chicken Rob one more question:

What does the phrase:

"Get the honey Junior"

refer to?

...cringing while awaiting reply.

M29
January 18th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Welcome Big Rob, You have found a great place to peck around or should I say pick around.
Hey I spent some time in Ft Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm, Lantana and that area when I got out of highschool back in the early seventies. I love that area!

Welcome aboard!

M29