PDA

View Full Version : Christmas chill

oldguy
December 21st, 2006, 05:08 PM
Christmas is near, here's hoping all have the weather they want, and get a chance to spend some time with loved ones.:)
Justa has convinced me that reverb and tremelo are a good thing, so I took a shot at it and called it "Christmas chill".
I hope someone can relax to it, and Merry Christmas to all.:p
Glenn

http://www.box.net/public/9lks566gr1

Justaguyin_nc
December 21st, 2006, 07:16 PM
Justa has convinced me that reverb and tremelo are a good thing, so I took a shot at it and called it "Christmas chill".
I hope someone can relax to it, and Merry Christmas to all.:p
Glenn

http://www.box.net/public/9lks566gr1

I did? lol... hey, we just got back getting some little grabbag gifts and having a hamburger out... nice tune to listen to while wrapping..thanks Glen! liked the reverb and trem.. makes the chill go away... ;)

Nelskie
December 21st, 2006, 07:58 PM
Ah yes, party time at the Christmas Sock Hop. Boys on that wall . . . girls over there. A quick comb through the pompadour and hubba hubba, let the festivities begin! That had a really nice American Graffitti vibe to it, Glen - - nice work. ;)

duhvoodooman
December 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM
Wasn't that on the Beach Boys first Christmas album? Well, it shoulda been! Very nice, Glenn!

oldguy
December 21st, 2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks, Nels, appreciate you taking the time to listen to this bit of goofiness...and...
I really need to thank Justa too! He's been using some good sounds I hadn't heard in a while and got me inspired again. Funny how I forget the old sounds I loved long ago...anyway...
Odd how everyone hears things in a way they can relate to...
I just wanted some snow for Christmas and played a song to hopefully get a little weather to pass this way...
But when I played it back I was reminded of the sounds of the Everly Brothers...maybe the Buckinghams... maybe even Eddie Cochran.. but I never thought of American Graffitti until you mentioned it.
I guess everyone hears music in their own way, just like we all see colors with our own eyes. ;)
Thanks, DVM, I won't be able to play that EVH like you, but I enjoy trying to re-create some of the sounds I grew up with...
I have to admit I really never thought of the Beach Boys while playing it, either, although I see the similarities to all the aforementioned now as I listen again.
Hey, guys, please keep your fingers crossed for some snow for our kids, that's all I really was asking for when I played this...:D

sunvalleylaw
December 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM
Nice Glenn! I played it as I drove home from a local production of A Christmas Carol in the snow. Maybe some will blow down the jet from out here and your way! Thanks for the tunes.

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
I have to admit I really never thought of the Beach Boys while playing it, either, although I see the similarities to all the aforementioned now as I listen again.
Well, maybe my Beach Boys comparison was a bit of an exaggeration, but the reverb/trem combo definitely had that Southern California surf vibe workin'! I gotta go fire up the AD30VT on the Black 2x12 model, turn the effects knob to Tremolo Reverb, and see what my Strat can do with those vintage tones! :DR

Jimi75
December 23rd, 2006, 09:21 AM
Very cool tune.
It catches the christmas mmod perfectly.

I just sit here with my son and he seems to enjoy that beautiful music, too.

:)

tot_Ou_tard
December 23rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
Well, maybe my Beach Boys comparison was a bit of an exaggeration, but the reverb/trem combo definitely had that Southern California surf vibe workin'! I gotta go fire up the AD30VT on the Black 2x12 model, turn the effects knob to Tremolo Reverb, and see what my Strat can do with those vintage tones! :DR

No you were right Vood. It has a really nice Santa Surf vibe.

Thanks Oldy!

Hogfullofblues
December 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
That was a memory maker for sure and you really captured the sound and season. Thanks!