PDA

View Full Version : Flat-out cool rock n' roll photos - Vol. 2

Nelskie
December 21st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Thought I'd share a few more snaps from my vast collection of great rock photos.

1.) Early Skynyrd line-up - Rumor has it that the band had to go home and study for a geography test after this photo was taken.

2.) Young Keef - Back when falling out of a coconut tree was just a dream . . . :p

3.) Early Zep - Wha'? Is that Jimmy playing a . . . Telecaster?!!! Robert looks pretty surprised about it, too! :eek:

4.) The Kid is all right - Pete striking a classic pose in front of his Hiwatts. Think there's any feedback . . . ?

5.) "Does anybody remember laughter . . . " - Jimmy wielding the "Hammer of the Gods" for all to see.

oldguy
December 21st, 2006, 05:24 PM
Nels, that is too cool for words! Every one of them looks familiar, in a deja-vu sort of way!:confused:
I'm feelin' my age tonight!:eek:
Glenn

Katastrophe
December 21st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Those photos are way cool, Nelskie! Keef, playing a Gibby Firebird through a Fender amph... wow. And Pete, in a classic pose... awesome.

Great stuff, man!

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 04:22 AM
Sweet pics Nelskie! I just love that Townsend LP deluxe pose! Rock´n´Roll!

M29
December 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM
Great pics thanks for sharing them with us Nelskie!

Does Keef's guitar cord look short to you guys? It don't look like he can move very far.

Thanks again Nelskie.

M29

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2006, 06:44 AM
Love 'em, Nelsk! Who's the guy on the far right of the Skynyrd pic--an early bassist before Leon?

Yeah, that is a pretty short cord Keef has.....but the stages were small back then!

The Zep photo is my favorite, probably because I saw the band just a few months after that was taken, and they looked pretty much just like that, except that Page had switched over to that cherry-burst LP by then (summer '69).

Nice trip down memory lane.... :cool:

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
DVM, I think that Ed King was their original bassist, but he sucked so bad so they had to fire him. He later rejoined the band as a guitarist, and is still a part of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

sunvalleylaw
December 22nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing them with us Nelskie!

Does Keef's guitar cord look short to you guys? It don't look like he can move very far.

Thanks again Nelskie.

M29

Yes, Thanks!! I never got to go to concerts back in those days, so I missed all of that in person. It is fun to see.