Bonamassa rare playin on Strat ..

Rock & Roll !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69EcnxJmnd4&feature

marnold
October 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
That was awesome!

Spudman
October 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Nice! That organ intro was very Jon Lord-like. I've always loved this song.

NWBasser
October 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
Very cool!

Great playing all around.

I especially dig the B-3!

Katastrophe
October 3rd, 2012, 09:35 PM
Killer!

It's great to see Bonamassa playing a Strat... I enjoy the tones he gets out of his Gibbies, but it's good to hear the different tones that only a Strat can produce.

guitarhack
October 5th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Yee Ha! Nothin' like good old blues-rock. That B-3 does sound very Deep Purple/Uriah Heep-ish. Love this cut!

tjcurtin1
October 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Whew! Great fun to watch them putting that together like that.

mapka
October 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM
If you ever worked as a Roadie, you tended to not like those B3's! :) Problem is, nothing comes close to reproducing that sound. Love it!

Blaze
October 6th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I use to play in a cover band in the early 90 s with a guy that had a B3 , that was some extra job just to move the thing ,obviously..
One night , i think it was new year eve ,there was a fight in that bar , people throwing billiard balls everywhere ,we hided behind the B3 and Leslie ..
Let say that we appreciated to have the Monster organ as a shield that night..

IMHO the B3 is one the best sounding instrument that man ever created.. I just love it ..

duhvoodooman
October 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Whoa! Just, whoa!!!!

Robert
October 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Oh man, that was sweet! Yeah!

Tig
October 6th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Wowza!
Also, Anton Figg on drums and Brad Witford on guitar.

duhvoodooman
October 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Plus Arlan Schierbaum on the B3 and Michael Rhodes on bass. No weak spots in that line-up!! Basically the same band that recorded a lot of Joe's latest, Driving Towards the Daylight. Jimmy Barnes sings the last tune on that CD, Too Much Ain't Enough Love, which was a #1 hit for him in Australia back in '87. Guess they must have recorded this while they were together in the studio.

tjcurtin1
October 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Wowza!
Also, Anton Figg on drums and Brad Witford on guitar.
Brad Whitford! I was wondering who that was! Have never heard of him playing in other settings...

Tig
October 6th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Brad Whitford! I was wondering who that was! Have never heard of him playing in other settings...

Yep, he's a blues hound. I've seen him jam with various musicians on youtube. I like his playing better than Joe Perry's.

He gets going about 2 minutes in. Then Joe shows how to make each note say sumthin'.

http://youtu.be/VgdllcrGfmE