PDA

View Full Version : RUSH is finally nominated for the RRHoF: Vote for them!

FrankenFretter
October 4th, 2012, 07:13 AM
http://rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

So far, they're out ahead of Randy Newman. Keeping my fingers crossed!

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Rush appears to be out in the lead in the fan poll. I don't know if I like this "fans' ballot" or not. Never liked popularity contests. But at least Rush is nominated! I am glad to see Heart and Joan Jett in there too.

FrankenFretter
October 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Rush appears to be out in the lead in the fan poll. I don't know if I like this "fans' ballot" or not. Never liked popularity contests. But at least Rush is nominated! I am glad to see Heart and Joan Jett in there too.

That's true, I'm also glad to see those two in there. I was pretty tempted to vote for Heart, but I had to go with the Canucks on this one.

Tig
October 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Interesting... I started a similar new thread about the nominees a few hours ago and it has been removed. WTF?
http://www.thefret.net/images/smilies/flamemad.gif

sunvalleylaw
October 4th, 2012, 08:09 AM
That's true, I'm also glad to see those two in there. I was pretty tempted to vote for Heart, but I had to go with the Canucks on this one.

YOu can vote for more than one. @Tig, there has been a huge spammer invasion over the last day or two. It is possible your thread got caught up in responding to that. I don't know for sure, but it is possible. In the words of David Soul, "Don't give up on us, baby!"

R_of_G
October 4th, 2012, 08:19 AM
The fact that the Meters are third to last illustrates the pointlessness of putting this in the hands of the fans, and not just because I subjectively like them more, but because they've objectively been a part of more influential and important records than the majority of that list (Rush and Randy Newman are both cool with me).

Robert
October 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Deep Purple deserves to be in there too, for sure!

Albert King too, although I don't know what is supposed to be in "rock'n roll hall of fame" - he was a real bluesman, but I think did some R&B type stuff too.

What does it take to get nominated, besides popularity?

marnold
October 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Still no Kiss. Nor Def Leppard. Wish they could have gotten Deep Purple on there before Jon Lord died. I don't know which version of Purple they're talking about.

NWBasser
October 4th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Rush has been nominated numerous times in the past without winning. They (Rush) have said that they don't really care about it. It's become something of a running joke to be nominated year after year without winning entry.

I think the RRHOF is something of a farce and don't really care if Rush makes it or not.

They are my favorite band, but winning entry to the HOF to me is like winning the McDonald's Monopoly game for a free french fry.

stingx
October 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Still no Kiss. Nor Def Leppard. Wish they could have gotten Deep Purple on there before Jon Lord died. I don't know which version of Purple they're talking about.

Good question. They waited so long to nominate that all versions of Purple qualify. Sucks Jon passed, though. These guys should have been placed in there quite a long time ago. Shame on the Hall.

stingx
October 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Can't believe the wasted slots on nominations...I mean NWA??? Really. WTF...

Tig
October 10th, 2012, 08:29 PM
The RRHoF nomination practice is about as pointless as Rolling Stone's Top 100 Guitar Players list.