PDA

View Full Version : Swedish all girl blues band

Jimi75
December 22nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
Ever heard of Little Jenny and the blue beans, an all female blues band from Sweden?
Yesterday, I have read an article on them in the German Blues News magazine and out of pure excitement I visited their site.

Really a fantastic band.

Sweden scares me - not only that the band Europe made a fantastic comeback and poeple like Thomas Larsson / Matthias Eklundh and Plankton blew me away recently, now Sweden presents us such a great female blues band......OMG!!!!

http://www.thebluebeans.com/

Greetz
Jimi75

Spudman
December 22nd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Ever heard of Little Jenny and the blue beans, an all female blues band from Sweden?
Yesterday, I have read an article on them in the German Blues News magazine and out of pure excitement I visited their site.

Really a fantastic band.

Sweden scares me - not only that the band Europe made a fantastic comeback and poeple like Thomas Larsson / Matthias Eklundh and Plankton blew me away recently, now Sweden presents us such a great female blues band......OMG!!!!

http://www.thebluebeans.com/

Greetz
Jimi75

jimi
You've just touched the tip of the iceberg. Sweden is THE place for good music these days. I think it is now the 3rd producer of music exports. Although I watched some of the Swedish Idol finals I can't say that I was impressed with that though even though the winner is now in Liquid Scarlet.

I'm sure Super Swede and Robert have a better handle on this than me but the list is long and rewarding: Karmakanic, The Flower Kings, The Cardigans, Pain Of Salvation, Krister Jonnson, Tomas Bodin, Flying Food Circus, A.C.T., Hammerfall, Jonas Hellborg, Evergrey, Therion, Kaipa, Opeth, Tad Morose, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mind's Eye and on and on.

Robert
December 22nd, 2006, 11:38 AM
Don't forget
Ace of Base (yuck)
Europe
ABBA
Roxette
and
SuperSwede

and check out a talented girl from my home town (I know her quite well) - http://www.lisamiskovsky.com/

ted s
December 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
Cool Robert, don't forget everyone wants cases of that special Swedish water from you and Superswede for Christmas. I had a listen, very nice, pretty girl.

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
Atomic Swing!
Backyard Babies (from my little town!)
The Hellacopters
Entombed
Sky High

And lots of other bands...

Robert, you know Lisa Miskovksky??? My wife loves her music! Perhaps you could arrange a autograph for her?

Ted, you can get that from IKEA. ;)

Myles
December 22nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ace of Base (yuck)

Okay I was going to let this slide, but after some office banter between Robert and I, I've decided I must be heard!

What's wrong with Ace of Base!!?!?!

When I was in Grade 6, they were the Greatest!! :R

"I saw the sign, it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign!" :D (complete lyrics) (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/ace+of+base/the+sign_20003645.html)

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
You are right Vital, there is something epic about this line too: :D

"Its not a day for work
Its a day for catching tan
Just laying on the beach and having fun
Shes going to get you"

Robert
December 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
Let's quickly stop the Ace of Base talk, or I will lock the thread and delete all posts related to that band! LOL :) Ok, just kidding.

Yes, I know Lisa. I can ask her for an autograph, sure. She is a super duper nice girl. One of the most down-to-earth, friendly people you'll ever meet.

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks Robert, I know my wife would like that. She has all her albums.

Jimi75
December 23rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
Just checked Lisa's site....

WOW! WOW! WOW!

tot_Ou_tard
December 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM

Really a fantastic band.

Thanks Jimi! I agree: Fantastic band.

Jimi75
December 23rd, 2006, 09:18 AM
Hey tot, great you like this band.
How about the others - did you check the link?

I mean we all like handmade blues don't we and this band is damn cool...

Robert
December 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
I know of the bass player in this band. She's been touring and paying her dues with the bigger names in Sweden for many years, both as bass player and background vocalist.

Awesome band. I think the guitar player is a session player too, and I've seen her in house bands on TV shows. SuperSwede probably knows more.

marnold
December 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
I'm always interested in anything that contains the words "Swedish" and "all-girl." :)

Spudman
December 23rd, 2006, 09:06 PM
One thing I would like to trivialize about is that from what I can tell they actually don't write the majority of their material. Does anyone know otherwise?
On the sounds page of their web site only two of the tunes listed are by someone in the band. I would think for it to be authentic you would have to live it to some degree and then write about it, not just sing what someone else wrote for you.
I do think they sound good but is this another record company production group?

SuperSwede
December 25th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Here is another really good almost-girl-only band from Sweden. The Slaptones!

http://www.slaptones.net/

Jimi75
December 25th, 2006, 04:13 AM
@ Spudman:
As far as I know on their new Cd they only cover one singel Elmore James song, the rest of the material is composed by the band.

Spudman
December 25th, 2006, 09:44 AM
@ Spudman:
As far as I know on their new Cd they only cover one singel Elmore James song, the rest of the material is composed by the band.

Cool. I couldn't find much more info on them so that is good to hear that they write too.

Spudman
December 25th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Here is another really good almost-girl-only band from Sweden. The Slaptones!

http://www.slaptones.net/

Ya that one girl must have some hormone issues because her face is a little more than hairy. :D

marnold
December 25th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I like how all three women were born ~1980 whilst he was born in 1949.

SuperSwede
December 26th, 2006, 02:52 AM
I like how all three women were born ~1980 whilst he was born in 1949.

He is the daddy! Its rather cool that they want to play with their old papa.

marnold
December 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
He is the daddy! Its rather cool that they want to play with their old papa.
OK, well, that makes it less creepy anyway :)