PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of cool photos....

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2006, 09:54 AM
....I submit these for your viewing enjoyment. Now, these are not professionall photos of any of your rock gods in action. They're just scans I made of some Polaroids that my guitar buddy at work, Dave, had from an event some 17 years ago. In addition to being an active musician with a well known local band at the time, Dave also worked for a large music distributor here in the Albany, NY. They had many big-name artists in for promotional events, and these pix were taken at one of those.

I've mentioned this event in a thread or two before--SRV & Double Trouble were in town for an appearance up at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center just north of here. Apparently, Stevie traveled with several cheap "promo" Strats which he would sign and present to up & coming local musicians. Dave was lucky enough to be the recipient on this occasion.

He happened to come across the pix a couple of days ago and brought them in to work to show them to me, 'cuz he knows how I idolize Stevie. I borrowed them to make scan copies. He says he has several more, and will dig them out and bring them in when he has a chance.

Here they are; Dave is the big guy with the headful of curly dark hair. Note other members of Double Trouble in the two group shots:

789 790 791

Big_Rob
December 22nd, 2006, 12:37 PM
Wow, for having such huge hands, SRV was a little feller

Cranium
December 22nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Yea he looks kinda short, but what can I say, Im 5'9 with 6'2 size hands, or at least I think...;).

How tall was Stevie anyway?

SuperSwede
December 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
How tall was Stevie anyway?

About 1.5 times the length of a standard strat. :D

Cranium
December 22nd, 2006, 03:29 PM
http://www.online-discussion.com/SRV/viewtopic.php?t=105

Scroll down to find a picture, he is listed as 5'9 and his race is listed as white :D.

duhvoodooman
December 22nd, 2006, 05:20 PM
My friend Dave is about 6' 4", so 5' 9" with 2" Texas boot heels would be about right....

sunvalleylaw
December 22nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
My friend Dave is about 6' 4", so 5' 9" with 2" Texas boot heels would be about right....

Most of my heroes, including Phil and Steve Mahre, Ingemar Stenmark, and now I know SRV, are about my height. That rocks!

Cranium
December 23rd, 2006, 04:43 AM
Everyone seems so tall these days, 6'4 is not surprising anymore :(.

kerc
December 24th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Great pics! It sucks that Stevie died just when he had re-made his life...

:(