PDA

View Full Version : HNSONOS Stereo day! Anyone else use this stuff?

sunvalleylaw
November 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Related to the HiFi thread. My family got me some SONOS wireless music components. I was not expecting it at all. Thanks family! One of the SONOS:5 Speakers, one of the SONOS:3 Speakers, and some connection devices to hook into receivers so I can include my existing stereo stuff. That is the reason I am finally repairing my old speakers.

It seems to be pretty nice stuff! The sound in the standalone speakers is pretty decent. Kind of Bose-like standalone sound. The 5 is much better than the 3 in my opinion, but the 3 works to fill in the sound in the kitchen, etc. The portability is nice so you can bring sound to where you are hanging out. Plug the speaker in an outlet, and fire up the music. You can have different things playing in different rooms too.

I am glad I can include my bigger stereo too, as I prefer sound beyond standalone. I also figured out how to play "line in" from the computer so I can use the speakers as a kind of sound around (not really 5.1 surround sound) for movies. Works great!

The control software seems a little glitchy and balky. I am still learning it. The streaming radio stations seem to quit and cut out quite a bit. I am not in love with the lack of flexibility in making playlists, but am getting used to it. I also figured out how to control the actual music through iTunes that I am more used to, using line in.

Anyone else use this stuff? Hints and ideas?

Here is a video that explains it if you have not heard of/seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMTWrMwoKw&feature=related