View Full Version : Open String Licks - Lesson here

Robert
November 23rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Used a real amph this time - Mack Gem.

Let's have some fun with open strings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtyiPWRl90

Ch0jin
November 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
You know what I liked about that lesson? Everything!

I've been working on some open string style licks recently (often letting the top E ring as a bass foundation to the notes I play on the A and D), I play with my fingers almost always, and I love that blues tone too!

Really nicely done Sir :)

Tig
November 23rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
I love this lesson, Robert! I've done similar playing but didn't go nearly as far as your lesson did. Thanks for opening up the door.

Robert
November 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear!

I could go on and on... about things like this. Which is what I intend to do, on my new website. :)

Blaze
November 23rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Nice one Rob , these are the true basic blues phrases and technics ..

Robert
November 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
Merci!

The Grand Vizier
November 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Yeah!! That is as "Cool as a fat chunk of watermelon on a hot day" Robert, nice one!!!

kidsmoke
November 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Another stellar nugget. Thanks Robert, just need to find the time to fully digest it!

Robert
November 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear there is liking happening!

player
November 26th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Glad to hear there is liking happening! Always Robert.most of us love the blues.know I do.

sunvalleylaw
December 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Nice! I like the ideas, and like how your using the all the fingers. What do you think about attempting this style with a hybrid approach, with a pick, and using the last 3 fingers to catch the other strings? I have been messing around with that technique while learning to play using 6ths and 3rds intervals.

Robert
December 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah hybrid picking works great too. I often use the bottom e string open when I use a pick also (most often I'm playing the b string then but you can still play on the g string and let both e and b strings ring, when using a pick). Experiment!