PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, shake it on down!

rumblejet
December 5th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I found this site while doing some research on re-tubing one of my amps. The info/posts I found were helpful so I decided to become a member. I've been playing guitar most of my life, (it's been my life!) started when I was 10, that was 48yrs ago. The first guitar I played was a $12.75 acoustic from Sears. It was brutal, trying to play an Fmaj chord was almost impossible, but I kept working at it. Formed my first band in the fifth grade and was actually getting paid to play in public by the time I was 13. Oh, boy that was all it took! I was hooked for life. It's been a long road since then, many ups and downs but I always came back to the guitar, felt like it was my mission, still do. I have a nice array of equpiment but I won't go into that now, just glad to be here and hope to learn and help if I can.

Tig
December 5th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Welcome to The Fret, rumblejet! I can imagine you've had your share of adventures over the years.

This is a fairly easy going place without too much drama.

Jipes
December 5th, 2012, 04:10 AM
BE welcome between us Jet, that's a cool place to be and chat about many different topics :thumbsup

Robert
December 5th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome! Thanks for joining!

rumblejet
December 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Thanks, Robert, Jipes and Tig. I look forward to hanging out here!

tjcurtin1
December 5th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Good feel to your first post, Rumblejet - welcome to the Fret! It seems that you'll have lots to offer us from your long experience.

rumblejet
December 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome tj.

Katastrophe
December 6th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Welcome! This is a great place. Enjoy!