PDA

View Full Version : Original: Satellite

rumblejet
December 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM
This is a rehearsal, no editing, just playing. Rough draft, but I like it. Several people have told me they don't like the singer so try and get past that if you can, thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/rollingthunder-3/sat-128

Tig
December 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Can't get to it from work, so I'll try from home tomorrow.

helliott
December 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I like it. Vocals aren't the highlight, but nothing broken beyond repair. Like the tune. Thanks for sharing.

marnold
December 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
It definitely has some promise. If I were to give a critique, it's that it feels like it's dragging. The song itself and the singer kind of give it a bit of a Patti Smith kind of feel.

rumblejet
December 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
helliot and marnold thanks! I'm glad somebody likes it. Marnold, I can relate to what you say, it certainly needs to be tightened up and tempo increased just a bit. With proper production and some arrangement tweaking the song could hold it's own. I just wish I were in a position to continue working on it but I'm not, no band. Someday I hope to actually 'finish' as best can be this and other songs I have.

Marnold, you're not the first person to make the Patti Smith comparison. I find that very interesting because I don't hear that, but then I'm looking from the inside out. Thanks.

Hey Tig, did you make it home from work?

G.