PDA

View Full Version : new gear demo ditty

helliott
December 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I've been downsizing gearwise, but occasionally picking up a good deal if it is revenue or cash neutral. Few recent examples here in this little testing ditty.
Big one is I got a really good price on a Peavey Delta Blues 2X10. This is a very sweet, light amp, great for small rooms with tonnes of guts and grit and a really smooth sound. I've always liked 2X10s, but have no logical reason why, they just seem to sing.
I decided to unload a box of pedals I haven't used in years, and got a good price, so good that I paid net $34 for a Polyphonic Octave Generator. Not your dad's octave machine. You can get organ sounds out of it, although I'm just learning really.
Last, I ran across an old auto wah on a used table. Got it for next to nothing, and it works great.
Here is a bit using all. The amp is all the Delta Blues. Rhythm is Tele. Lead is LP. The POG organ stuff is Strat. Strat subs in for bass using the POG bass octave option with the higher octave off and the dry guitar signal shut down. Last part is the LP on auto wah reggae riffage and the Strat subbing in for bass again. Comments and observations welcome as always.

https://www.box.com/s/3wxz9mqtw6z01n8ip13f

Tig
December 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Wow, that's a great demo, helliott! Plenty of skillfully played textures and tones that sound nice 'n gritty.

helliott
December 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks, Tig. Think the organ stuff sounds little cheesy but will get better at using it, probably less in just a few places.

Jipes
December 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Sounds good to me Heliott slightly dirty rythmn did you crunch the amp or added a tube screamer or booster ?

guitarhack
December 11th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Sounds good. I have a couple of Peavey amps and imho, for the price they can't be beat.

helliott
December 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Just dirtied up the amp a bit. Don't much care for its clean sound -- not much character.
Thanks Jipes. Guitarhack, have had several Peaveys and they're ok, but this one sounds really good to me. Something about the classic blues feel and 2x10s.