PDA

View Full Version : I am a God Among Dogs....

Rideit
December 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
But really, a pretty mediocre player. Hoping to change that in my forties! Jut stopping in to squawk.

guitarhack
December 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the Fret!

NWBasser
December 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Welcome Rideit.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your gear.

Tig
December 21st, 2012, 11:27 AM
Jut stopping in to squawk.

We read you 5 by 5.

Welcome to The Fret! We're dog friendly here.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6027/6008941194_9749aaa4d4_m.jpg

Rideit
December 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hey kids.
So, currently, I have just four instruments. The best is a Westbury Custom electric, tobacco sunburst, that I bought new in 1982. It is an incredible axe, no question. Very few LP's hold a candle to it, IMO. More on that later. I also have a Westbury take 4 Bass that I got a few years ago. I still need to forget that I play guitar when I play the thing, I am generally too hyperactive, and need to slow down and just focus on the downbeat.
I have an incredibly lame Seagull acoustic, I am on the 'slow' lookout for a great Acoustic, but it's not my priority.
I also have a 2/3 scale Sam Ash Strat thing that is barely playable...more too on that as I can start a post.

Right now, I NEED an amp. Badly. Ideally something that I can play with both the guitar AND bass, (I know, I know). I need all of your help in finding the right amp, I am leery of instruments/amps on ebay!

I am looking to develop a repertoire of 6-8 songs that I can reliably trot out, and surprise people with both singing and playing. I think this is reasonable. I used to play in a band in college, so I had some limited chops, but I feel like I need to reinvent my approach if I want to progress and grow as a player.
I hope this all helps!