PDA

View Full Version : Euro Fretters: favorite online retailers?

poodlesrule
December 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Well, I have now more time to furnish a small place of mine in my native France, and decided to keep one (just one, promise!) guitar there for extended stays.

This will be a new, online purchase, as the local dealer and used markets are very thin (or too exotic). No buying in US and taking with me, too much hassle.

I know of only two online retailers, thomann and woodbrass.

Any others worth a consideration?
I have been away a while now, not even sure how cross-border purchases are handled these days.

tjcurtin1
January 2nd, 2013, 07:18 PM
Poodles - I didn't know you were a 'frog' (as my French Canadian grandmother used to put it :)) !

guitartango
January 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Well, I have now more time to furnish a small place of mine in my native France, and decided to keep one (just one, promise!) guitar there for extended stays.

This will be a new, online purchase, as the local dealer and used markets are very thin (or too exotic). No buying in US and taking with me, too much hassle.

I know of only two online retailers, thomann and woodbrass.

Any others worth a consideration?
I have been away a while now, not even sure how cross-border purchases are handled these days.

Have you tried the little island across the water, you know the place where we all speak English ?

http://www.gak.co.uk/
http://www.dv247.com/

:rockya

poodlesrule
January 3rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Have you tried the little island across the water, you know the place where we all speak English ?

:rockya

I was just reading that there are 400,000 French expats in the U.K. Thinking of it, a cousin works with one of the famous auctioneer houses there (or Geneva, not sure which).
OTOH, I am told there are small towns in the French south-west that are nearly 80% multi-generation Brits, with pubs, rugby clubs (well..) and English schooling.

deeaa
January 3rd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Never used anything but Thomann and EBay U.K. in Europe...British shops seem pretty expensive. Mostly have bought new stuff from Finnish online stores that match Thomann prices with less postage, but I almost extensively buy only used stuff from a local musician's net marketplace.