PDA

View Full Version : Afordable vintage

Spudman
December 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
This takes g.a.s. to a completely new low. Now you too can afford vintage, you just have to search for it...in the dump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O6rgkCUstaE

tjcurtin1
December 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Spud - thanks for that - one of the best things I've seen all year. Good vibe to take into the New Year.

Rideit
December 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM
That's outstanding.

Robert
December 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Incredibly inspiring!

davewrites
December 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Wow. I'm blown away. That Cello is amazing!

Thank you for posting.

Tig
December 30th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Very cool, yet not too surprising. The inventiveness of the have-not's in Latin America can be astounding and inspirational.
A visit to a muffler shop is an adventure!

Spudman
December 30th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Next they'll be building rockets that reach low earth orbit from milk bottles, unused Mentos and flat Coke.

tjcurtin1
January 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
There was just a report out on the levels of people's ratings of 'life quality/satisfaction' around the world, and a number of the small, poor countries in Latin America had some of the highest ratings - you can get a glimpse of why that might be from this video; people seem more connected to each other and their communities and show more of a 'what can I do for my community' attitude rather than the other way around. We can have lots of money and stuff and yet be soul-poor - and soul-sick.

Tig
January 2nd, 2013, 07:52 PM
There was just a report out on the levels of people's ratings of 'life quality/satisfaction' around the world, and a number of the small, poor countries in Latin America had some of the highest ratings - you can get a glimpse of why that might be from this video; people seem more connected to each other and their communities and show more of a 'what can I do for my community' attitude rather than the other way around. We can have lots of money and stuff and yet be soul-poor - and soul-sick.

+1
So very true.

Spudman
January 2nd, 2013, 09:00 PM
I heard that report today too. Thanks NPR. Simple is often better for sure, but I'm enjoying the balancing act between simple and complex.