PDA

View Full Version : New Amph Day! Blues Jr III

bigoldron
January 12th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I got some money at Christmas plus some store credit at my favorite music store from my daughters, so I began looking for my next addition to the stable. I also sold my Crate VC2110, so I took all that went shopping today. I was undecided between a sweet Ibanez hollow body electric and a used BJIII. The combo really sounded good together, so I plugged up my PRS to it and was blown away at how good it sounded! That good tube crunch when needed and a sweet, smooth clean sound too. It was a no-brainer!

Needless to say, the BJ followed me home today and even my wife likes the way it sounds! Gonna test her out at church tomorrow - can't wait! I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance....

piebaldpython
January 12th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Congrats on the new amp....How are you doin'? Haven't seen you around these parts lately.

Katastrophe
January 13th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Hey Ron! Good to see you post, man. That amph should sound great in church. Congrats!

mrmudcat
January 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM
oh you dirty dog!!!!........prs guitar I must of missed this........the new color combos and speaker configurations on those fenders are sweet looking....................pm brother or email lots to talk about!!

bigoldron
January 13th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks Pie & Cat, been doing good, just busy as always.... Only had a few minutes of playing time on the BJ, but so far, I like what I hear! Can't wait to hear her this morning..

Muddie, I'll email ya Brother!

oldguy
January 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Congrats on the amph, Ron! I bought one a few months back and it's my main gigging amph now.

The Peavey Classic 30 is getting a bit jealous, but the little Blues Jr. sounds great and is so easy to carry around!

I think the longer you play it, the better you'll like it. :AOK

Tig
January 13th, 2013, 02:17 PM
HNAD Ron! :thumbsup