PDA

View Full Version : First snow

Hampus
January 14th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Spontaneous snowball fight in the street.

http://i754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/SYIngeborg/snoumlbollskrigfinal_zpsbb726a23.jpg

/Hampus

sunvalleylaw
January 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I like that! I love high contrast black and white. How did you set it up?

kidsmoke
January 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
wonderful photo, hampus!

Hampus
January 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
wonderful photo, hampus!

Thank you :)

Hampus
January 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I like that! I love high contrast black and white. How did you set it up?

Hello!

The photo was shot on the street. I was out walking with my brother and his girlfriend and they started to throw snowballs at each other. I stepped back and started photographing. I used an Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

The post processing is done in Adobe Lightroom 4.0 with the Silver Efex pro 2 plugin from Nik Software. I enhanced the contrast a bit, then really went to town on the structure slider to bring out the structure in the snow. Then I selectively increased the exposure a bit on the face and took it down on the snowball and on the sign over the head. I cropped a bit off the top of the picture and dodged the upper and the left side to help put focus on the combattant.

/Hampus

sunvalleylaw
January 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hello!

The photo was shot on the street. I was out walking with my brother and his girlfriend and they started to throw snowballs at each other. I stepped back and started photographing. I used an Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

The post processing is done in Adobe Lightroom 4.0 with the Silver Efex pro 2 plugin from Nik Software. I enhanced the contrast a bit, then really went to town on the structure slider to bring out the structure in the snow. Then I selectively increased the exposure a bit on the face and took it down on the snowball and on the sign over the head. I cropped a bit off the top of the picture and dodged the upper and the left side to help put focus on the combattant.

/Hampus

Cool! It reminds me of high contrast shots I used to take back in the day using Tri-x Pan 400. I liked the high contrast, almost grainy quality sometimes as an effect. Your shot hearkens that effect to me.

tjcurtin1
January 14th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Tri-X! Man, SLV, you're dating yourself! As a young person said to me in a similar context recently: "Man, that is so 19th century!" I wanted to correct him and say, "Make that 20th century!", but it seemed rather pointless on second thought...

Agreed, Hampus - that is a nice 'print' (there - dating myself!) of a cool photo.

stingx
January 14th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Spontaneous snowball fight in the street.

/Hampus

Outstanding framing and post production! I use Silver Efex myself and love it.

Ch0jin
January 15th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Yeah great job on the shot and the post work. Excellent piece :)