PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ordering gear??????????

piebaldpython
January 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Do any of you pre-order gear (amps, git, etc)? Any pros/cons to doing that? What was your experience in doing that?

The Yamaha THR10C amp is being released in the USA 02/25/13 and so chains like Musicians Friend, Music 123 and Guitar Center are saying they will have them by that date for $299. I have a severe case of GAS for this amp and wanted to know what you all thought of ordering the amp pre-release? Thanks.

Bookkeeper's Son
January 19th, 2013, 11:57 AM
You mean you can't camp out on the sidewalk like the bozos do for the next iPhone?

cebreez
January 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I did that one time piebaldpython and was not a happy camper! No pun intended Bookkeeper's Son. It was for a guitar and the release date got moved back two weeks and then was already backordered for another two weeks. Its was almost Christmas when I finally got what was suppose to be an end of summer purchase. Just so happened the mail was slow also. So I haven't done it since. Matter of fact I have come up with good reasons not to. Such as letting everyone else test it and beat it up before I commit and find out I don't like it.

This is simply my opinion and doesn't have to be yours! :AOK

piebaldpython
January 20th, 2013, 12:02 AM
cebreez..........that type of situation is exactly what I was worried about and so I think maybe I'll hold off until it's released and in people's hands here in the USA. Has received rave review in the UK.

Bookkeeper's Son
January 20th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Also, after the dust settles following the release of a new piece of gear, the prices often drop.

strat24
January 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
For what it's worth, I don't think that you'll have much of a problem acquiring one when they come out. I work at a GC, and the THR10 models are great little amps, but not fanatically popular (I've personally only sold two or three over the last four and a half months) - so you shouldn't have an issue getting one of the successor models if you decide to pull the trigger right after they are released.

piebaldpython
January 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I'm leaning towards waiting until actually released because I've seen instances where release dates have been pushed back.......sometimes a considerable amount of time too.

strat24
January 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm leaning towards waiting until actually released because I've seen instances where release dates have been pushed back.......sometimes a considerable amount of time too.

That seems wise to me.

cebreez
January 23rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sounds smart to me too. And like Strat24 said, as long as its not overly popular you shouldnt have trouble getting your hands on one.

Sent from Cebreez mobile using tapatalk 2

mrmudcat
January 24th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Wait for release,and gather some real feedback ............as opposed to newbie reviewers pounding out power chords with dials set to 11!!!(not that im against that once in awhile) Remember no one ever gives positive reviews as much as negative ones!!!

piebaldpython
January 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Release date has been pushed back to 03/01/13.........haha