PDA

View Full Version : Still Have the Love

stingx
January 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
for my 2005 JV Strat :)

I now have thinned my collection down to just one acoustic and seven electrics. Those kept have either sentimental or monetary value but the one that still gets the most time, as limited as that time is with two children, is the still the JV. I've also semi-retired the C30. It's still in my studio but just covered up. The Laney Cub 12R has been getting all the love for some time now, mostly because of the .75w setting and how good it sounds.

So, as I was piecing my gear together for a shoot, I took a shot of the JV - forgive the dark indoor lighting.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8213/8413212111_57806acb51_b.jpg

marnold
January 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I've heard a lot of love for those Strats. I feel the same way about my Jackson. I play other guitars, but I keep thinking about ways I wish it were more like it.

tjcurtin1
January 25th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Beautiful shades/colors there, with the pearl white body, aged-white pup covers and the deep warm maple neck!

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I always liked those JVs. Glad to hear you are still liking yours.

mrmudcat
January 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Yep now thats sexy................

Brian Krashpad
February 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Cool. Is that an MIJ? What does JV stand for?

Eric
February 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Cool. Is that an MIJ? What does JV stand for?
Jimmy Vaughn IIRC. I think it's MIM, but I'm not the authority on anything strat-related.

duhvoodooman
February 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Jimmy Vaughn IIRC. I think it's MIM, but I'm not the authority on anything strat-related.Correct. Made in Fender's Mexican factory, characterized by the "soft V" neck profile and the hotter-than-vintage Tex-Mex pickups. A very popular guitar and excellent value.

stingx
February 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I don't know if they are still good bang for buck guitars. I bought mine new from Sam Ash in '05 based on rave reviews. I already had an AmStd but the neck on this was much more comfortable. My understanding was, aside from pick guard which I replaced, all electronics and hardware were top notch and used on their expensive guitars. Jimmie wanted to keep his sig affordable so they were assembled in Mexico and then set up and tweaked back in Cali. I don't remember what I paid but I think at or under five bills. Great deal. I still have the JV and sold the AmStd a few years later. I never played it much afterwards.