PDA

View Full Version : HYH: For Further Clarification

Nelskie
December 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Just thought I'd write an additional post to perhaps clarify a few things about the *new* "Have You Heard" section of the forum. Although there is a lot of very good, and very relevant discussion in regards to certain players, styles, and philosophies, I'd maybe want to mention that the "Open Mic" area would probably be better suited to expound upon some of those kinds of topics. First and foremost, I'd envisioned HYH as an area of the Fret Net where members could post and discuss reviews, insights, or other topics about individual songs, CD's, LP's, DVD's, and other types of recorded media (yes, even web-pages or links), thus providing a means of recorded reference for the playing styles, tones, guitars, and gear that we often refer to in many of our other forum areas.

I do realize that past the initial post, there may be some discussion regarding other elements of the primary thread topic (maybe you've seen that player / band live, or are familiar with the effect / technique that is used to get a certain tone, etc.), which I think would be fine. If you can tie the discussion to a CD, song, DVD performance, etc., then chances are it would be a fine fit for HYH. Again, this shouldn't be looked upon as limiting the discussion in this sub-forum; rather, that we are just "fine-tuning" it a bit.

Certainly, I do not want to discourage any type of interaction amongst members - that is what the Fret Net is here for in the first place. And in no way am I attempting to undermine the important topics we've already touched on through the various HYH posts, to date. Very simply, as this forum's moderator, I am asking that we be cognizant of the content of our posts, and that they be applicable to this sub-forum. And if you're not sure whether its HYH material, send me a private message - I'd be more than happy to reply. :)

My thanks to everyone who makes The Fret.Net a great place to go!