PDA

View Full Version : Patience

stingx
February 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Haven't posted any clips in a while so here goes - some G'n'R. I will end up redoing this because there is hum somewhere in this recording and the whole track should be done acoustically, not mixed here as I have presented. Gear - Digitech RP-500, Shure SM57, Fender JV, Charvel acoustic. Recorded in Tracktion 2.

https://www.box.com/s/ux27m3lrf3ve5w48976k

Spudman
February 5th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Very nice.

marnold
February 5th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I like it! Constructive criticism: the vocals and guitar don't always seem to be in sync with each other. I'm not sure if that's a mixing issue or what.

Tig
February 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, that's nice work! :applause

stingx
February 5th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I like it! Constructive criticism: the vocals and guitar don't always seem to be in sync with each other. I'm not sure if that's a mixing issue or what.

Thanks and yes, something went awry. I just checked all the files. I will redo this if for nothing else but, at least on my monitors, I hear an unpleasant distortion of some sort. Rev, the backer is just the vocals and I also suspect that there could be a problem. I will redo with all acoustics and get my friend to do the vocals. Thanks for listening.

stingx
February 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks, guys.

mrmudcat
February 5th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Nice work but although not picking up the hum on my monitors it is outta sync at times as Marnold suggested.That is just my opinion brother and in no way to detract you from a good effort on your part!!!

piebaldpython
February 5th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Good effort and nice soloing

helliott
February 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Nice work. Thanks for sharing.