PDA

View Full Version : Limited Free Stuff!

syo
February 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hello...

I would like to offer some free stuff to those of you who like such things. Today starting with a variety (1mm, 2mm, 3.2mm) 3-pack of Hell Guitars' Super Blacks guitar picks. The "Ugliest, Fastest Playing, Best Sounding guitar picks on the Planet. Guaranteed!" Offer is open to the first 10 fretters with at least 100 posts. Just respond to this post and insert which number you are (first poster will insert "#1", second "#2" etc. up to "#10"). Then PM me your address and I'll send them out to you.

http://www.hellguitars.jp/fret/Hell_Super_Blacks.jpg

We had a terrific response to these at the NAMM show (where we had our first presence), and I'd like to share some with some of you. Also, as stated in the header, this stuff is free (so no obligation whatsoever), but if you could let me know what you think of the picks I would appreciate it. Also, if you could find your way to like us on Facebook, we wouldn't complain. :socool
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-Guitars/103843859707553

We really didn't set out to make picks as the market seems to be well represented. However I came across a company who had some interesting pick material. I shaped some picks worked the grip and polished them and the result is amazing.
They are very slick off of the strings but won't slip in your hand. They don't "tick, tick tick" on the attack or otherwise adversely color the tone, in fact quite the opposite. They are excellent for both rhythm and lead play as well. Of course picks are a highly personal thing but I was blown away by how many people seemed to connect with them. I think we will do well with these and would be pleased if some of you could try them out.

Thanks!

Tig
February 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm number 1!
But own a No. 2? :socool

I'm glad you had a great first NAMM, Michael.
Sorry, I no haz facebook, but will continue to spread the, um, not gospel, the word of Hell.

Ch0jin
February 6th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I'm number 2!
But I own a 0 (dot) :)

Liked on FB too! The pic of your setup at NAMM looked great! Branding a-plenty.

syo
February 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks gentlemen! As you are proud Hell Guitar owners I will also throw in a set of our new Hellwires guitar strings. We've got 9's or 10's so let me know which you prefer.

By the way, we did have a celebrity new Hell Guitar owner on hand for awhile in our booth. The Enigma. Here I am looking straighter than even normal (posing with the Enigma tends to have that effect).

http://www.hellguitars.jp/fret/enigma_me.jpg

Lots of people came by to take pictures with the Enigma who was very generous with his time. I initially contacted him about a year ago with the idea of doing something together. I was struck by the contrast of his looks and his thoughtful, kindly demeanor. At the time I didn't know that he had added the horn implants since I had seen him on television a few years ago. I really wasn't looking for (in fact was avoiding) any devil connection although that definitely comes across here. Regardless he is such a nice/cool person it really doesn't matter. Thinking of doing an Enigma signature model (in blue of course!)

Tig
February 6th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Wow, I remember Enigma several years ago when he was only partially inked. That's cool that he helped with the booth. He and Robert certainly appear to be visually opposite, too!

Ooh, Hellwires guitar strings? Sweet! 10's will do for me.
You are da' man!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8472/8435877636_c81ebfbe55_z.jpg

ET335
February 6th, 2013, 02:58 AM
I am #3 and thank you....I hope to own one of those great looking and sounding guitars one day.

mrmudcat
February 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM
:socoolnumber 4 but wanting a number 2 (want a bender first):socool

Zip
February 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM
May I be #5 please (and thank you!)?

syo
February 6th, 2013, 06:25 AM
May I be #5 please (and thank you!)?

Right, Zip. You're in!:AOK

poodlesrule
February 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Number 10?

marnold
February 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I don't think that I'm too numerically challenged to call #7, am I?

Katastrophe
February 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Number eight?!? Thanks, syo!

syo
February 6th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Hey Reverend, Kat, nice to hear from you!

Just a reminder to all... If you're wanting more than just a number I will need an address (PM please) so the picks can find you. That or you can come pick them up over here...

riverrick
February 6th, 2013, 08:54 AM
# 9 I think??? Glad to hear NAMM was a success. Hope you sold a bunch of guitars. Strings too....how cool is that 10's for me Michael...thanks a bunch!!!

syo
February 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
# 8 I think??? Glad to hear NAMM was a success. Hope you sold a bunch of guitars.

Hey Rick!

No, you'd be #9. Just one more left!

kidsmoke
February 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I' believe I made it in under the wire.

Perfect #10

Actually good timing. Even though they're "just picks" I recently took the plunge on the V-picks, and have been shocked at how much I like a thick pick. Gives me a great frame of reference to try these out.

Your design and marketing continues to be exceptional SYO, and not just saying that cuz we "know" you. It's distinct in a flooded market, and seems intuitve - for the player.

Thanks!!

syo
February 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I' believe I made it in under the wire.

Perfect #10

Just!
Right. That'll do it for now. Perhaps I will put another offer for some different limited free stuff soon.

Please do not forget to send me your addresses (PM) or to my Hell Guitars email: contact@hellguitars.com

kidsmoke
February 6th, 2013, 09:59 AM
They don't "tick, tick tick" on the attack or otherwise adversely color the tone, in fact quite the opposite.
Thanks!

This is something I don't like about the V-picks. At low volume, you really hear them on the strings.

Ch0jin
February 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
WooHoo! Perfect timing as I was about to restring the Zero anyway! I would prefer 10's please.

Do you have my details from the guitar order way back when, or shall I resend?

syo
February 6th, 2013, 11:51 PM
WooHoo! Perfect timing as I was about to restring the Zero anyway! I would prefer 10's please.

Do you have my details from the guitar order way back when, or shall I resend?

Hey Ch0...
I sent the picks and strings that same address.

In fact I shipped out the freebies to everyone except Katastrophe who has not yet sent me his address. Kat? I tried PMing you but it seems your box is full and will not take anymore.

It should be noted that some of you were also expecting the strings as well however I was only offering these to Hell Guitar owners who responded.
After all there have to be some perks of ownership... :D

sunvalleylaw
February 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Hey that was a nice gesture syo! Sorry to miss out, but maybe next time! Thanks!

Tig
February 7th, 2013, 12:21 AM
どうもありがとう
(I sure hope that really means Domo arigato!)

Katastrophe
February 7th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Sorry, syo!

My inbox was too full, beyond our storage limits here. I emptied it out, with my current address. Thanks!

syo
February 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Hey that was a nice gesture syo! Sorry to miss out, but maybe next time! Thanks!

Hey Steve.
Your Hagstrom review was what brought me to the Fret. Please PM me your address and you can be #10.5.

sunvalleylaw
February 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Steve.
Your Hagstrom review was what brought me to the Fret. Please PM me your address and you can be #10.5.

Wow! That's so cool! Thanks!

riverrick
February 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
What a good guy you are SYO!!! And that was a great review by you Steve....made me purchase my red Hag.

Spudman
February 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Hey Steve.

Well, ahem, uh, the guitar actually stopped at my house first. :hungry

Ch0jin
February 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Hey Ch0...
I sent the picks and strings that same address.

WooHoo! Thanks dude! I can't wait to try them out :)

syo
February 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Well, ahem, uh, the guitar actually stopped at my house first. :hungry

Spud, I would have felt rather bad to have left you out. What with you getting the guitar first and all. :agree
you're #10.99
Please PM me your particulars and I will happily send them out to you.

This giveaway is now officially closed!

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Syo, you are a super great guy! Thanks for your support of the fret and the fretters! I hope NAMM went really well for you!

syo
February 8th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Syo, you are a super great guy! Thanks for your support of the fret and the fretters! I hope NAMM went really well for you!

Thanks, Steve.
Yes, the show went well for us I'm happy to say.

I would like to be more involved at the Fret however posting here has largely been replaced with responding to lots of guitar/gear related emails and posting in my own blog (when I can even find the time for that!).
But I certainly consider so many of you to be friends and wanted to share some of what I'm up to in a way that hopefully, at least some of you, will appreciate. It has been nice to hear from so many that I have missed!

Tig
February 8th, 2013, 01:00 AM
The Hell Guitars Blog:
http://www.hellguitars.jp/machinehead/

http://hellguitars.jp/machinehead/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/robert_enigma.jpg

Spudman
February 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
What a fantastic picture.

sunvalleylaw
February 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
What a fantastic picture.

+1. That is classic!

mrmudcat
February 10th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Hell yea thats cool....talk about opposites attract!!!!

marnold
February 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM
That's what ol Bobby looks like if you make him angry.

Monkus
February 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM
awesome pic !!!!

kidsmoke
February 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM
SYO, just noticed the blog entry where you mention your experience with the V-picks. Sounds like mine. That leaves me really looking forward to these ugly buggers.

very cool photos, BTW

Zip
March 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Should I have received the picks by now?

syo
March 10th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Yes, Zip you should have as they were sent right after I got your address.
I'll send you out another pack. By the way, do you think that it might be because the name for the address is "Zip"
Might it be better if I send to your actual name (unless it's actually "Zip"...)? If so, please PM it to me. Thanks!

Zip
March 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hmmm. No, it really is Zip. Got the birth certificate and everything.

I'll wait another week or so. I don't complain too much over freebies :) If it comes down to it, I can always buy some from your website!

mrmudcat
March 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I never got any picks either....but others deserved them more than me anyways.Chase was looking foward to trying them but we understand the low priority as far as all thats going on syo!! Hopefully busy is good for ya!!.....peace mudcat

tjcurtin1
March 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Have been hoping to order some o' these here picks, but they aren't showing up in the accessories dept of Hell guitars. Any other way to order some?

syo
March 11th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I never got any picks either....but others deserved them more than me anyways.Chase was looking foward to trying them but we understand the low priority as far as all thats going on syo!! Hopefully busy is good for ya!!.....peace mudcat

No Mudcat, you were as big a priority as anyone/anything else and your picks were shipped out a day after I got your address. Same with everyone else. Due to the mysteries of the US postal service a shipment can take anywhere from 6 to 36 days (or more) to reach its destination. I usually wait a month before re-shipping an item because of this. I would say that 95% of the time, items sent via normal airmail (like these picks) will take between 10-14 days on average. I will send you out another set first thing tomorrow. Same for you Zip. If you wind up getting two sets, you'll be twice as lucky!

Have been hoping to order some o' these here picks, but they aren't showing up in the accessories dept of Hell guitars. Any other way to order some?

Hey TJ. I'm working on getting them in the store today. I'll post here when they're indeed up. Thanks! When you order, I'll send 2 sets to thank you for your patience.

mrmudcat
March 11th, 2013, 12:01 PM
syo !!! Would'nt ya know it the picks came today .............Thank you!!! If im to late to stop you resending some new ones im sorry,I can pass some along!!

tjcurtin1
March 11th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks, SYO - like you have nothing better to do with a new guitar business than attend to pick sales...:thwap:!!

syo
March 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Thanks, SYO - like you have nothing better to do with a new guitar business than attend to pick sales...:thwap:!!

Actually TJ, I appreciate the little push. The picks are very important for me to get into our store so a little prodding is not a bad thing!

Zip, I sent you out another pack of picks today. Mudcat, I had more picks all packed up and saw your post. Thanks for letting me know!

poodlesrule
March 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Found mine when I got back home from a trip, thanks Syo!

Great timing, as I was just about to venture out and try thicker picks.
I grabbed the medium, liked the feel very much, and was able to get a smooth strum, and new sound out of the Vox Pathfinder nearby! Very pleased.

mrmudcat
March 12th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Chase and me like the medium thick both feel wise and sound wise!!:dude

Tig
March 13th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Chase and me like the medium thick both feel wise and sound wise!!:dude

So does Sasha the cat. She got a hold of all 3 picks and the medium one is still missing. I hope she didn't eat the damn thing!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8097/8373882736_2083ddcc2d.jpg

mrmudcat
March 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Ha where is the pooper scooper!!!

The not so pointed tip lends well to sweep picking so says my guitar guru!!

syo
March 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Alright tj (and anyone else who's interested), the Super Blacks picks (as well as the HellWires strings) are finally up in our web shop. You can find them here:
http://www.hellguitars.com/picks.html

For a limited time I'll give you $1.50 off per pack. Just enter SUPRBLKS2OFF in the shopping cart.

Tig
March 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Cool! I ordered 2 variety pick packs and a black T-shirt.
Hell is comin' to town! :flamemad:

poodlesrule
March 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
... is Sasha the cat OK?

Tig
March 15th, 2013, 06:35 PM
... is Sasha the cat OK?

I think she just batted the pick under some furniture since her meow tone didn't improve. :)

tjcurtin1
March 15th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Great! Thanks SYO - my order is in for my first little piece of Hell... Maybe someday I'll manage a Hell guitar to whack 'em against!

syo
March 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Hey Tig and tj. Thanks!

Zip
March 21st, 2013, 09:22 PM
syo, they came in the post today!! Thank you so much!

The thick/heavy/uglier of the three was the first I tried, on an acoustic & an ES335 strung with .10's. Really, really nice. I'll try out the others tomorrow. What are they made out of? My initial guess was fried yak parts, but I'm unsure...;)

syo
March 25th, 2013, 07:15 AM
syo, they came in the post today!! Thank you so much!

The thick/heavy/uglier of the three was the first I tried, on an acoustic & an ES335 strung with .10's. Really, really nice. I'll try out the others tomorrow. What are they made out of? My initial guess was fried yak parts, but I'm unsure...;)

Glad you've received them ok, Zip. I hope you'll enjoy them. The fried Yak parts was spot on! (Himalayan to be specific). We're also planning to come up with a whole gnu line of picks soon...:AOK

tjcurtin1
April 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Got the picks, Syo, thanks so much. I really like the feel of the material and the way it interacts with the strings; definitely different than the V-pick, for example, and the various thicknesses give a really nice range and variety of tonal shadings. Some day I hope to get to a more serious Hell purchase to go with them, tho.

Photomike666
April 6th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I didn't make the free cut, so I purchased some from the web site.

They turned up very quickly and while a bit pricy for pics certainly don't break the bank.

The pack comes with three thicknesses, and I got two packs. The thick ones are too much for me, although are the quietest on the strings. I might see if my son likes them on bass.

The mediums are Ok, and probably better than what I was using, but the thin ones I just can't put down. The fit so comfortably in the hand, have a great feel on the strings and have a smooth tone. I've tried a variety of music and can't fault them. These are my pick of choice