PDA

View Full Version : Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

poodlesrule
February 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Here we go again, snow storm coming from from Midwest arriving Friday night into Saturday. DVM, watch that guitar shipment (or the Am. Std. is home already?)..!

Prediction is 12 in. where I am now (Cape Cod), but more like 24 in Boston burbs, where I need to go Monday. Hopefully, by then most of it will be cleared -and good neighbor will clear a basic path to my doorway...

Speaking of Cape Cod, went to an Open Mic night for first time - spectating only, please!, but Sweetie did two Robert Frost poem readings! Small attendance, but it was a hoot, "Bert" did a Indian music inspired jazzy tune, prompting audience to hum to emulate that other Indian instrument with the "wavy" sound(?)... Came out terrific!
Others participants were equally interesting. Great to see several different guitar strumming styles in the same session. A good night

marnold
February 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah, we're getting snow, then rain, then snow. I threw the snow today and it had a nice crunchy layer of ice on top. At least the pavement isn't ice coated.

kidsmoke
February 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Chicago - freezing rain since last night.

The whole family is by you Poodlesrule - From Plymouth Ma stretching north to Winnipesaukee. Just got the email that a family gathering for Sunday in Portsmouth is cancelled. they're expecting a real doozy.

Hang in there. The Cape is a wonderful place to be snowed in. Assuming the power stays on, it's hard for me to feel too sorry for you. :)

Tig
February 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
There's a possibility of snow up to 30" near Boston, per the NWS!
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/saisons/hiver/vil2_neige.gif
You can keep that much unless it is at a ski resort. The most I've ever experienced was 24" in 24 hours at Park City, Utah.

poodlesrule
February 7th, 2013, 04:49 PM
General food shopping frenzy as usual...!

And yes, the Cape is quite something in winter. Just a couple of weeks ago the bay side tidal flats (very shallow) were covered with ice blocks, as far as you could see, totally breathtaking - I need to buy another camera!

Boston area with 30 inches will be interesting. Maybe it will all fall in a short amount of time, allowing early cleanup?

piebaldpython
February 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Boston area with 30 inches will be interesting. Maybe it will all fall in a short amount of time, allowing early cleanup?

Keep dreaming........for an early cleanup. Philly get 30+ inches in the infamous Blizzard of 1996. Work was closed for a week.........we had nowhere to put all the snow, we had that much of it. At one point the snow trucks were dumping loads of snow into our 2 main rivers. It was so crazy, it was actually funny.

Last nite, the TV said 1-3" Friday nite in Saturday morning. Now, they're saying 4-7". UGH!!!

Robert
February 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Whoa sounds like you guys will get thick blankets of snow soon!