PDA

View Full Version : Our band covering Sweet Melissa

helliott
February 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
From a week or so back, here we are covering another ABB classic. Love some feedback as the ending is a bit different.

https://www.box.com/s/t0hn7xo15opr48ueus7v

mrmudcat
February 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Sorry ive missed this post somehow!! That sounds really good helliot and the improv ending sounds good and im real picky on ABB stuff!!! Great work what is your setup on amps pedals im assuming thats paula doing the heavy lifting...............:socool

helliott
February 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks, Mr. M. Yep, that's her, through the mesa lonestar, clean channel, gain at about 25%. No pedal for the lead fills, kicked some extra boost and a tad of drive for the improv ending.

mrmudcat
February 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Ya know im really digging that lonestar boogie.It is high on my list almost as much as the laney lionheart!!

piebaldpython
February 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Great stuff as usual.

helliott
February 14th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Great stuff as usual.

many thanks pbp

helliott
February 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Oh crap, just realized I lied to Mr. Mudcat. Someone pointed something out in this song which led me to listen again, which led me to remember that although this is usually the LP on this night it was the Strat. Tiny stage meant three guitars and cords would have been to tough to manage so just used Strat and Tele, LP only came out for one set and it wasn't that one. So if that LP lead sound doesn't sound normal, it's because it wasn't. Apologies.

mrmudcat
February 17th, 2013, 01:36 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............I knew it ............lol...............