PDA

View Full Version : Napster - anyone else use it?

Robert
December 27th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Since VitalMyles started an "iTunes" thread, I'm gonna start one about Napster! :DR

Anyone else tried it?

I signed up and downloaded an album for the first time this weekend. It was very smooth, and download was pretty quick. It came in high quality WMA format. Unfortunately my mp3 player needed a firmware upgrade to work with wma files, but that's a different story.

I cost me about a buck per song. I am definitely willing to pay a dollar per song if I like the music. I can't complain about that price.

There's lots to choose from on Napster, and best of all - you can pay through PayPay, which I prefer.

Just throwing this out in case anyone is wondering what Napster is up to these days. :)

www.napster.com

oldguy
December 27th, 2006, 06:32 PM
RealPlayer Superpass is the one I use. I pay them $15 a month, they give me $10 worth of downloads and 1 free game (the game is their choice, however, not mine). Any downloads of songs over the $10 limit are 99c each. They have a pretty large catalog also, but I think everybody does now.
One thing... songs are sent in a realplayer file, have to be burnt or sent to mp3 player as WAV, or converted to mp3 (which I can do w/ Cakewalk Pyro).
It offers online radio and movies as well, and some other stuff.

Wasn't trying to hijack your thread, Robert! I thought you might want to take a look at this one, it's not too bad.

http://superpass.real.com/?rnd=1167266079828&bw=179&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.1483

Robert
December 28th, 2006, 09:40 AM
So far, I think Napster is excellent. It is fast, uses PayPal, have insanely large library of music I like (obscure, hard to find stuff) - I love it!