PDA

View Full Version : Me playing blues...

kerc
December 27th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Gear: Amptramp amplifier cranked all the way, Fender Telecaster with GFS pups, no pedals--just the amp distortion. Quick take, mostly done for testing recorded tone. Sounds kinda "boxy" but it was definitely caused by amp location (in a corner)...I went through all three pickup positions starting on the neck pup.

The backing track is one I made a couple of weeks ago with some loops and me playing bass...

Anyway, hope you guys dig it. This amp has a nice natural distortion. :)

http://cyberjammin.com/uploads/Cyberjams/bluesy_quickjam_kerc_2.mp3

oldguy
December 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Nice playing! Good bass work also. That amptramp does have some good distortion sound. Those are the amps that you and Nate had built by a friend, right? Sounded more like a small club setting than "boxy". :D
Thanks for the listen, keep em' coming, Kerc.

ted s
December 27th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Nice job Kerc, very :cool: cool :cool: ...

BTW, what the deal with that cyberjam site ? registration is disabled ?

M29
December 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Nice job kerc!! I do like that distortion. I didn't think it was too boxy.

Keep em comin!

M29

Robert
December 27th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Nice OD on that clip. It does sound boxy to me, but that's kinda cool.

I recognize that bass line!

Good job, Kerc. The amp sounds like an old Super Reverb, don't you think?

Jimi75
December 28th, 2006, 02:12 AM
That's a very good tone you get out of your amp. Does it sound boxy? Don't know - to me it sounded very original for playing and recording blues music.

It had a touch of "Chicago" - maybe you experiment a little with the OD.

Nice playing, too!!!

kerc
December 28th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Oldguy: Yep, that's the amp. He used to build great stuff. I keep prodding him that he should keep building more amps, he has an excellent ear for tone and the prices are definitely right. He is building quite a beast for himself right now, though...!

Ted S: Thanks! Cyberjammin.net registration is by "recommendation". So if you're interested in giving it a try (and anyone else here!), all I need to do is to send your email address to the moderator and presto! We had to do this 'cos we had sever spamming/trolling problems about a year ago...

M29: Thank you! After that recording, I moved the amp out of the corner it was in--that should give me a more open recorded sound. Gotta love my dear wife--she lets me keep that amp and a guitar on a stand always ready in the living room...She's a sweetie. :D

Robert: My Amptramp has a basic Blackface circuit, so it definitely has a Fender vibe. Normal sound is one 12AX7 and one 6L6, but with the boost switched on (like on the clip), it kicks in an additional 12AX7 on the preamp. Glad you liked it!

Jimi75: Thanks! One of the cool things about this amplifier is that I get to have a cool, unique sound. It's the only one like it in the world. :D I will order a Carvin GS12 speaker from a forumite in another forum just to try a different sound option...

Thanks all for listening!

sunvalleylaw
December 28th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Oldguy: Yep, that's the amp. He used to build great stuff. I keep prodding him that he should keep building more amps, he has an excellent ear for tone and the prices are definitely right. He is building quite a beast for himself right now, though...!

Ted S: Thanks! Cyberjammin.net registration is by "recommendation". So if you're interested in giving it a try (and anyone else here!), all I need to do is to send your email address to the moderator and presto! We had to do this 'cos we had sever spamming/trolling problems about a year ago...

M29: Thank you! After that recording, I moved the amp out of the corner it was in--that should give me a more open recorded sound. Gotta love my dear wife--she lets me keep that amp and a guitar on a stand always ready in the living room...She's a sweetie. :D

Robert: My Amptramp has a basic Blackface circuit, so it definitely has a Fender vibe. Normal sound is one 12AX7 and one 6L6, but with the boost switched on (like on the clip), it kicks in an additional 12AX7 on the preamp. Glad you liked it!

Jimi75: Thanks! One of the cool things about this amplifier is that I get to have a cool, unique sound. It's the only one like it in the world. :D I will order a Carvin GS12 speaker from a forumite in another forum just to try a different sound option...

Thanks all for listening!

I liked it too. I especially like the distorted fendery sound. :D

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Kerc that was a great sound. Good job. +1

Janarm
December 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Nice guitar and bass playing,it was very interesting improvisation ;) Also backing track had a good sound quality.
Now I have all the equipment what I need,so some day I will record too my guitar playing.

Keep up the good work! (y)

duhvoodooman
December 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I see what you mean about it sounding a little boxy, but nice tones there, nonetheless. That Amptramp has a nice Fenderlicious sound to it! :DR

Justaguyin_nc
December 28th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I see now why alot of people say just plug into the amp... when they sound that good..pedals not needed...:) Nice one Kerc... bluesy...

Hogfullofblues
December 30th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Tasty tones and playing. Boxy can be a good thing!