PDA

View Full Version : New Transatlantic album for 2013

Spudman
February 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Just confirmed today.

I checked in at The Flower Kings forum and someone had asked if anything was going to happen with Transatlantic. This was asked because Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse and The Flower Kings have been touring together the past month in Europe. Three acts on the same bill.

Neal had let slip that something was in the works so somebody asked Roine if it was true and he confirmed it is.

Transatlantic is Neal Morse (Flying Colors, Transatlantic, Yellow Matter Custard, Spock's Beard), Mike Portnoy (Flying Colors, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, and everybody else that is good), Pete Trewavas (Marillion, Transatlantic, Big Big Train), and Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings, Agents Of Mercy, Transatlantic).

The last Transatlantic album, The Whirlwind, was one of the best selling Progressive albums of the past decade. Neal's 2012 album Momentum was voted one of the top 10 Progressive albums of the year along with Pete's Marillion album Sounds That Can't Be Made. When these guys get together it is magic.

Full concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWC2I9TNuco

marnold
February 17th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Watching the video, one thing that strikes me is seeing a prog bass player playing a four-string! It's like seeing Sasquatch or something :)

Is Daniel Gildenlöw not really a member of the band per se? I like Mike Portnoy's Boba Fett bobblehead too.

Spudman
February 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Daniel is a touring member of the band. He brings a lot of energy to the live shows and of course an incredible amount of musicianship. He is also very prominent on The Flower Kings album Adam and Eve.

Chris Squire, John Wetton, Greg Lake and John Jowitt are all 4 string players.