PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you get for Christmas?

Robert
December 27th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Any cool guitar gear? I bought myself my guitar presents before Christmas, the Lexicon reverb, Maxon SD-9 and my lava cables.

Not exactly guitar gear, but my dear wife gave me a super nice and super sharp chef knife. Sweet - it cuts onions like butter. One of these. (http://www.zwilling.com/locale/en_ww/index.php?bereich=sortiment&produktbereich_id=1&produktbereich=serien&serie_id=2631&artikel_id=28061&PHPSESSID=c1ed8cdf67365af12d5f4d5aa733869f)

My guitar playing sounds so much more "cutting edge" now.

sunvalleylaw
December 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM
From my family and Santa:

Musician's Friend hard cases for both my guitars. Tweed with red for the Strat, black archtop with green for the acoustic. Nice cases by the way for way less than anywhere else I saw.

An Eric Clapton acoustic instructional vid by the Hal Leonard co.
Dean Markley sound hole pick up for the acoustic, works great!
EC Anthology guitar book. (my wife is an acoustic and EC fan)

Ibanez TS7 (being returned in favor of likely a Boss DS-1 and a Bad Monkey)

Some $$ toward my amp.

couple of guitar stands.

A wok thingy that goes on a barbecue.

New Year's gift for myself: buying my amp. Struck the deal on a good used Peavey Classic 30 in Provo. Working out shipping now. :-)

M29
December 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Robert you are such a cut up!

Well before Christmas I got a few things which could be considered Christmas stuff for myself I suppose. A SX bass, a Shure SM57 mic and Two Eminence Tonkers which I just love so far. I do have to break them in to loosen them up a bit but they are so natural sounding, no mud and just the right amount of ching chang and bite.

No knives though...man I could use some knives...

M29

Robert
December 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Eminence Tonkers, eh? Heard good things about them. I'd like to try the Wizard speakers some day, or the Patriot. Heck any of those Eminence speakers! They are very nice.

Hard cases - smart move. I've only got one one hard case!

marnold
December 27th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I've mentioned my gifts already, purchased ahead of time to take advantage of a sale and an eBay deal, respectively: a Squier '51 and a Digitech Expression Factory.

sunvalleylaw
December 27th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Hard cases - smart move. I've only got one one hard case!

I am always trying to carry too much stuff, (typical Dad, you know, how much stuff can dad carry to the beach and back type of thing) so needed hard cases to prevent bonks in and out of cars, etc.

Janarm
December 28th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I get very many bags of sweets(I don't want to see them anymore :D),clothes and some money.Money,because my parents don't know what to give me.Money will go for guitar stuff ;)

duhvoodooman
December 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
After all the stuff I bought in 2006, I had to pretty much forego any musical gifts for Christmas. I did buy myself one of those build-your-own-clone TS-808 replica kits after checking out that link that Tot posted (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2049), and the UPS tracking site says it's on the delivery truck this AM. Time to warm up the soldering iron!! :D

My main gift--and a total surprise--was a new Seiko watch from my wife. It's one of those "kinetic" models that stores energy from the movement of your arm as you wear it, and never needs a battery. Pretty cool! :cool:

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I got some clothes which I badly needed (who's got time to shop when you're playin' right). Some DVDs....iTunes gift cards....and a Fender gig bag for my Strat. My Tele took over the SKB case and I got tired of dusting off my guitar when it wasn't being played (Warren how do you do it!) And last but not least a new Fender logo guitar strap from my teenager!

Spudman
December 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Not exactly guitar gear, but my dear wife gave me a super nice and super sharp chef knife. Sweet - it cuts onions like butter. One of these. (http://www.zwilling.com/locale/en_ww/index.php?bereich=sortiment&produktbereich_id=1&produktbereich=serien&serie_id=2631&artikel_id=28061&PHPSESSID=c1ed8cdf67365af12d5f4d5aa733869f)

Nice knife! Looks like you and I will be doing the prepping for the fretnet annual BBQ. It's really hard to beat a great knife.

I got a Logitech 3200 wireless keyboard and mouse and a new lamp for my desk. I was really wanting peace on the planet but it was out of stock.

Robert
December 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
It's one of those "kinetic" models that stores energy from the movement of your arm as you wear it, and never needs a battery.

So you'll be picking faster than ever now to keep the watch from stopping?

LOL ;)

Jimi75
December 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM
A book! Yes, a book!
Do I need to say more? I clearly put two all tube amps on my christmas letter and she had all chances in the world to chose between the two of them....and make me the happiest man in the world!!!

And then......A BOOK! :-(

To be honest, I did expect nothing...

We had a beautiful celebration with the family!

But next year.....*lol*

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Was it a good book at least?

duhvoodooman
December 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
So you'll be picking faster than ever now to keep the watch from stopping?
Since I wear my watch on my left wrist, it's the fretboard fingering that keeps the watch charged. That's why I'm trying to learn some of that wicked-fast EVH tapping stuff! :D

Jimi75
December 28th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Was it a good book at least?

Cant' stop reading. It is good indeed!

ted s
December 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
My wife is too much, as it was also my 40th. my family went a little overboard. Nashville Tele, SRV autographed LP, bad monkey and a pair of Celestion vintage 30's.... no socks or underware ! yay !

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM
You can never go overboard! So have you posted mandatory pics of your Tele yet?

ted s
December 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'll do that tone..............
edit..
meanwhile back at the ranch....

try this .. http://www.box.net/public/fubhpyl377

Meritone Music
December 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I got an Octavio Hendrix fuzz pedal.. veeeeeeeeeeeeery cool :)

ibanezjunkie
December 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5770 and a CoolerMaster GX650 PSU, but my computer has gone tit's up so i cant use them atm. lol