PDA

View Full Version : Well tell me what ya think

Mark
December 27th, 2006, 11:55 PM
This is my first posting of a tune ever. Beware this is what I call elevator music! Its called Noodle becuase I was noodling around with some chords and my wife loved the sound of them. So a little here and there now its a whole song, and my sweetie loves it! She likes to play it while working or when she paints.

I did this in Sonar using mostly my strat and the two little lead breaks were on the ES335 all guitars were miced, I recorded my Bass direct the voices were from my TR Keyboard recorded direct and finally the drums I pounded in with my Korg padKontrol using BFD drums. Im really interested in your feedback regarding the mix, as far as musicianship I know that needs work but its part of the journey. Hope you enjoy your elevator ride

Going up!!:eek:

http://www.mediamax.com/marklench/Hosted/Noodle%21.mp3

sunvalleylaw
December 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM
This is my first posting of a tune ever. Beware this is what I call elevator music! Its called Noodle becuase I was noodling around with some chords and my wife loved the sound of them. So a little here and there now its a whole song, and my sweetie loves it! She likes to play it while working or when she paints.

I did this in Sonar using mostly my strat and the two little lead breaks were on the ES335 all guitars were miced, I recorded my Bass direct the voices were from my TR Keyboard recorded direct and finally the drums I pounded in with my Korg padKontrol using BFD drums. Im really interested in your feedback regarding the mix, as far as musicianship I know that needs work but its part of the journey. Hope you enjoy your elevator ride

Going up!!:eek:

http://www.mediamax.com/marklench/Hosted/Noodle%21.mp3

Very cool!! The first part really drew me in with the drums. I could envision doing yoga or stretching with it. As far as the mix goes, some of the guitar leads in the middle (mainly the first one) seemed to fight just a little with the same drums that drew me in at the beginning somehow. IMO. Overall, liked it very much! Thanks for sharing.

Spudman
December 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Very nice Mark. Thanks for sharing your music with us.

kerc
December 28th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Kinda U2-ish...Loved it! Reminds me of the music The Edge did for the movie "Captive"...

Justaguyin_nc
December 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM
In a good sense...I could hear Cindy Lauper singing over this at the beginning... than on to ricky martin.....ok, so I am strange in duet match ups..... but your music was kick'n it... nice job... i enjoyed it..

Mark
December 28th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Wow thank you guys! Im finding you learn a lot by recording yourself and I tend to be my own worst critic.

jpfeifer
December 29th, 2006, 10:59 AM
Hi Mark,

I tried to download this file but the site told me that the link was incorrect.
Have you moved this file since you posted it? I'd love to hear it.

Thanks, -- Jim

Mark
December 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Try it now Jim its fixed. I forgot to verify my address with them I had just signed up.

Robert
December 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful! Well done.

SuperSwede
December 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Mark, it sounds good! The audio quality was very good, and I really like the synth voices. Korg or Roland?

Mark
December 29th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Its a Korg TR-61 I really like it. Thank you again for your compliments real confidence booster!

M29
December 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Very nice very nice indeed Mark!
Thanks for sharing it with us.

M29

Hogfullofblues
December 30th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Very beautiful indeed and an excellent production too. This is definitely FretNet CD material. Way to go.