PDA

View Full Version : Mistress for Christmas?

Robert
December 22nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
NO, NO - I'm not asking for that! :p
I just heard a AC/DC song on the radio today with that title. Sounded like a typical AC/DC song. A title like that is one way to get airplay!

One thing I've noticed, they don't use very high gain sounds. Anytime I hear some guitar player playing their songs, the wrong sound is used - you know, a high gain, super distorted, saturated tone - that's not the way! When Malcolm plays, you can really hear the strings and the sound of the guitar, and there isn't very much gain, really. Anyway, I've always liked AC/DC; they have killer grooves and a great feel to their music. Only drawback is it all sounds very similar after a while. Still, good band.

tremoloman
December 22nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I remember Angus Young saying that song was written about Donald Trump and Marla Maplesback when they were a "celebrity couple". That bas back in 1991, but I do liek that song. :)

Iago
December 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
I read a interview with Angus somewhere where he says that whenever someone picks up his guitar just before a concert they get surprised with how clean the sound is...

Just other day I realized that the Led Zeppelin II guitar tones are also pretty clean...there's a lot less overdrive in songs like "Heartbreaker" than I used to think...

Tone2TheBone
December 24th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Drive my good people...sweet Marshall drive....

Guitar-Chris
December 25th, 2005, 03:38 AM
One thing I've noticed, they don't use very high gain sounds. Anytime I hear some guitar player playing their songs, the wrong sound is used - you know, a high gain, super distorted, saturated tone - that's not the way!

I noticed this too, but I think it is very difficult to get Angus' sound without distortion, when playing in a club. You would have to play a cranked up Marshall stack, or better 5 Marshall stacks :R

But with a humbucker guitar and the vox on UK 80s you can get near to it.