PDA

View Full Version : Tuner for acoustic

tot_Ou_tard
December 28th, 2006, 07:22 AM
What do you acoustic players find works better for tuning.

A headstock mounted tuner like the intellitouch or something with a mic
like a Korg CA-30?

sunvalleylaw
December 28th, 2006, 07:48 AM
What do you acoustic players find works better for tuning.

A headstock mounted tuner like the intellitouch or something with a mic
like a Korg CA-30?

I use the Korg. I have not used it, but apparently there is an attachment you can get that plugs into the cable hole that clips on to the headstock, for use in noisy situations. The mic works fine most of the time for me at home.

t_ross33
December 28th, 2006, 07:49 AM
I haven't tried the headstock mounted tuners yet, but I've seen good players use them, so I guess they must work. They look kinda handy.

I use a couple of different chromatic tuners (needle type as opposed to digital). I have an old Korg that is really, really good/accurate.

My Washburn has a built in tuner that I use on stage when needed.

Trev

tot_Ou_tard
December 28th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys! This is for my brother who has never played an instrument before. He'll be using it at home. I wanted to make sure that it was easy for him to use.

sunvalleylaw
December 28th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys! This is for my brother who has never played an instrument before. He'll be using it at home. I wanted to make sure that it was easy for him to use.

It is. Once when it was a bit noisy where I was performing, I just set the unit on my acoustic near the sound hole, with the guitar laying on my lap. that worked fine too. The guys at my shop prefer the accuracy of the Korg to the intellitouch that clips on, and suggest getting the add on for clipping on if necessary. Plus, if he gets and electric, he can plug it in!! :D

tot_Ou_tard
December 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Fantastic! Thanks again!