PDA

View Full Version : Wii - The Top XBox 360 Contender?

Myles
December 28th, 2006, 11:20 AM
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/27/nintendo_wii_sales/

Wii outsales PS3 2 to 1!

Does this spell the end of Sony's already slipping grip on the console market?

Can we expect a price drop on the PS3?

Is Wii just a fad?

tot_Ou_tard
December 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM
We got my 18 year old son a Wii for Christmas. His 24 year old brother already bought one for himself when they first came out. They love them.

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 12:41 PM
The graphics of the PS3 are awesome. The Wii is geared more toward kids and family. Give me first person action and sniping anyday!

Justaguyin_nc
December 28th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Give me first person action and sniping anyday!

Ahh... A computer and the Rainbow SIx series... all you need...

I really think the WII is a great Idea and has a good market hold for their unique controllers.. although it seems those straps are giving them troubles..:) With Game consoles rising near/at complete computer system prices.. Parents would be better off just buying a "real" computer system for the kids for more than the games.. Usually a game has more features and looks better on a Computer anyways... check your six...roger..out...

Myles
December 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM
although it seems those straps are giving them troubles..

Video gamers always have trouble with straps...;)

Just like the original article, this topic is probably making a pointless comparison as you guys have already pointed out too.

How do you guys think PS3 stacks up with XBox 360? That year behind it is certainly can't help. (although I have noticed a large variety of PS3 games already)

SuperSwede
December 28th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Nintendo will give Sony & MS a run for their money this time! They have these big and bulky consoles that cost a lot more than most casual gamers would like to spend on a videogame, and doesnt give the buyer anything really "new" like Nintendo does with their motion sensor controllers.

T2tb, the Wii will be perfect for fps games.. just point the wiimote at the screen and squeeze the trigger.....boom.

Tone2TheBone
December 28th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Six Justa.

SS - Can you tell me which games feature FP for the Wii? I'm trying to imagine how one would snipe with a hand held motion controller. Sword fighting on the other hand is a no brainer. :)

SuperSwede
December 29th, 2006, 05:34 AM
I´m a fan of the Rainbow Six series as well.. even though I think that Tom Clancy´s books are highly overrated.

T2tb, you control movement with the nunchuck analog stick, and then aim the wiimote at the screen. The crosshair will follow the wiimote, it works more like a computer mouse than a regular console controller.
You can zoom in some games by moving the wiimote closer to the TV..
There is no really good fps games out for the Wii yet, only Call of Duty 3/Far Cry/Red Steel. Just wait until Metroid 3: Corruption comes out :)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1839/mandonunchuck9pl.jpg

f1point7
January 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
it's great to see originality/creativity pay off big-style.

Myles
January 17th, 2007, 12:18 PM
it's great to see originality/creativity pay off big-style.
I'd say its still a little early to determine whether its going to "pay off". In the console industry, I think that consoles make very little money if any and games are where the real profit is. I'll be interested to see what the game sales are like for the Wii. (not to say they won't be high, b/c they likely will be)

f1point7
January 17th, 2007, 08:48 PM
based on what they've done with the nintendo DS, think that they'll be doing alright

just had a thought!
they HAVE to make an air-guitar game for the wii.

SuperSwede
January 18th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I'd say its still a little early to determine whether its going to "pay off". In the console industry, I think that consoles make very little money if any and games are where the real profit is. I'll be interested to see what the game sales are like for the Wii. (not to say they won't be high, b/c they likely will be)

Well, that is up to the third party developers and Nintendo themselves. But the potential sales are huge, they sold Zelda with almost every console. And with all these games for "non-gamers" coming up they might just sneak up very close to the top position.