PDA

View Full Version : Don't Need No Doctor

Robert
March 3rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Here is an excerpt from last night's gig. "Don't Need No Doctor". Using a POD HD300 into a Vibrolux. I also boosted the signal with a Daneletro TOD-1.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6808503/clips/dontneednodoctor.mp3

I went with that rig because I needed a variety of tones, and I was using the stage amp. Worked quite well actually. I used the Preamp model only in the amp model for the HD300.

piebaldpython
March 4th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Sounds pretty good.

Tig
March 4th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Great rhythm tones and that solo was delicious!

Robert
March 4th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Gracias por favor!

marnold
March 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Cool bluesy, jazzy version! The only problem is that I kept having the Humble Pie and/or W.A.S.P. versions of the song running through my head :)

tjcurtin1
March 4th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Great rhythm tones and that solo was delicious!
+1! Great sound, hot solo!

helliott
April 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Dunno how I missed this, but it sounds great. If I could have gotten that kind of tone when I had an HD300 I would hae kept the thing. And through an amp, too. Downloaded patch or your own invention?

Robert
April 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks Helliott! I only use my own inventions for the POD units... the problem with them is that you (well I do) sit and mess around and tweak and test FOREVER! I love the simplicity of a basic amp and a pedal - there isn't much knobs to turn! That in turn encourages playing, whereas anything with a lot of knobs end up wasting my time, so to speak. I mean it's cool to be able to tweak, but I end up spending too much time tweaking, compared to what I get out of it. I'm better off practicing playing than practicing tweaking. :)