PDA

View Full Version : effects chain

mrmudcat
March 4th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I am old school andhappy putting a noise reducer last in the chain right before amp. What are some ways ya'll USE YOUR NOISE REDUCTION UNITS.I bought the ns2 from SVL and waiting on it trying to figure where it will go...............for now the drive unit I have is very quiet but im not running single coils yet although im using ungodly amounts of gain.(When I say I ,I mean Chase as he is seeking that hard tone at times .Blues prodigy my arse!!!):cool:

Need some imput people!!!:AOK

sunvalleylaw
March 4th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I used the ns-2 by creating a loop including all my dirt boxes that went through the ns-2 then out to the time based or modulation effects. That seemed to work well. I learned to do it that way here. I am sure you will enjoy that pedal. It worked well and I would be keeping it if there was not a good noise gate in the M9.

cebreez
March 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I don't currently use one as I've managed to tame "most" of the noise in my setup. But I'm thinking seriously about a noise gate. If I had an NS I would put mine after the dirt but before the active eq and filter, all my time based effects go through the efx loop on my amp. Which also made my setup much quieter. Just want the noise gate for between songs when the little bit of noise I have is more noticeable.

mrmudcat
March 4th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Steve does the ns 2 color the sound at all. I dont want to get that sound if I ever do just to have it choked/muffled out by the gate. Keep your suggestions coming!! Thanks for the input guys!!:dude

sunvalleylaw
March 5th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I did not notice that it did. You can play with the knobs to adjust how aggressive you want the pedal to be. I did not have it set up too aggressively. I really liked using it to tame that EH lil muff pi just a bit.

duhvoodooman
March 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I used the ns-2 by creating a loop including all my dirt boxes that went through the ns-2 then out to the time based or modulation effects.
That's how I run mine, too. It'll knock out any incoming noise (like single coil hum) and tame the noise that the gain stages of dirt boxes produce or amplify.

cebreez
March 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM
That's how I run mine, too. It'll knock out any incoming noise (like single coil hum) and tame the noise that the gain stages of dirt boxes produce or amplify.

Thats why I want a gate. But I like the idea of a gate better because once I begin to play it opens up and lets all of the tone and air through. The one thing I have noticed about a noise suppressor is it will sometimes cut down on the air. Funny because I had to use a plugin for my recording software just to put the air back into the recordings.