PDA

View Full Version : New Bug

Zip
March 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
So I wanted something in the middle. I have the low-watt covered (up to 30W), and several 100W heads (and a 120W combo that gathers dust). To fill the middle, I ordered a Bug v55. First one that arrived, 2nd channel didn't work. Shipped it back, the second powered up and fried the OT (just like that, in a heartbeat). They shipped out a 3rd one (still have the 2nd...haven't gone to UPS yet) and this one actually works. So, yay to me!

Through a well-used Marshall 4x12, it sounds a little....sterile, I guess. No effects yet, just guitar to amp. I think sooner than later I'll retube with JJ's. So, still playing with it for now. Sure hope it's reliable - it'll take awhile for me to build any kind of gigging confidence. :rolleyes:

Zip
March 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
OK, I was too quick to judge....clean channel is wonderful. Very Fenderish, chimey cleans. Gain stage is nice, very usable (tho I normally use effects). Even the reverb is actually pretty nice up to about 5 or 6. Both the Presence knob and Boost switch actually make a tonal difference (unlike some other boutiques I've used). So I'll back off on the criticism a little. I'm starting to like this amph very much :)

tjcurtin1
March 11th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Can see why you'd be hesitant on the reliability question - 1 out of 3 good seems pretty poor shootin'! Glad that the working model sounds good, though.