PDA

View Full Version : Fender Blues Deluxe

BJunior
December 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM
All,

Anyone have any experience with these. I took a look at one this morning and for the money it seemed like a great amp.

Thanks for any advice on the subject..

stingx
December 28th, 2006, 08:56 PM
You're looking at another very nice amp. Classic Fender cleans. The dirty channel will leave you a bit wanting but easily remedied with a pedal. It would be tough for me to decide if I was in the market now for a new amp. I had my heart set on the Classic 30 and I got it for dirt cheap from an Ebay auction - guy lived only 30 minutes south of me and I got the foot switch and extra goodies with it for about $275. That cinched it for me.

Over all, I am very happy with my Classic 30. I didn't have to sink a lot of $$$ into it to get the sound I was after.

Mark
December 28th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I just sold mine and bought a 68 SF Princeton reverb, the only reason is Im a home player/light jamming and the BDRI at 40 watts is LOUD! More than I needed power wise. It is one fine amp nice cleans and reverb. I put a matched set of JJ tubes from Bob at Eurotubes and it really was an improvement from the stock tubes. All in all they are good amps. Where you plan to use it is a consideration if your gigging cool you got power to keep up. If you only playing at home it could be too much depending on where and who you live with:eek:

bbuonomo
February 14th, 2007, 01:50 AM
I play a blues deluxe reissue with the line out going to a 65 princeton reverb,
sounds unbelievable live, with the soundman blending the 2 60% princeton, 40% blues. Before I aqquired the princeton, I played the blues deluxe for a while, and it held its own in all club/festival/outdoor/restaurant gigs. The clean tones on the blues deluxe are very good, I use the drive channel to boost my level when soloing, or the band sound gets huge. Using the drive channel with stock tubes simply for the drive, it dosen't sound amazing, but a ts9 fixes it easy, and a 2 of them make it sound scrumptious.

Jimi75
February 15th, 2007, 03:59 AM
The Blues Deluxe is a great amp.
You only have to know how to set it and respect the magical 6!!!!!

Please read carefully the following, because it is the truth and nothing but the truth:

http://www.custom-sounds.com/epages/customsounds.storefront/45d42e4400415f1a274159fa3d3d05fa/UserTemplate/35

I figured out that the deluxe sounds extraordinary good with a Les Paul.

r_a_smith3530
February 17th, 2007, 07:49 AM
I'd have to agree with what stingx had to say. Do check out Peavey's Classic Series B4 you lay down your dough. I had a Classic 50/410 and it was a fabulous amp. The only reason I got rid of it was the switch from guitar to bass. My best friend has the Delta Blues (basically a Classic 30) and it too sounds great, clean or dirty.