PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack piece - what do you think?

Jimi75
December 29th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Hey folks,

There is a bunch of guys doing a documentary on a movie called "the goonies". As far as I know, they did interviews with the original cast (sean astin, richard donner...). On their site they asked poeple to support them with stories and so on, so I thought I transcirbe the main theme from orchestra to guitar and just rock it a little bit! All parts you hear on my MP3 repeat themselves so I did a short basic version only - yesterday after a bunch of days organizing this piece, I recorded it. Rough version! No big deal.

I'll be in the studio the next two weeks and I hope I can record this piece in its entirety with real drums and bass.

What do you think of it so far? (I attached a medley of the themes, I chose the forst theme apporx the first 1,5 minutes)

Hopefully, those guys like it and I get a shot at placing it for the soundtrack.
Please cross your fingers for me :-)

Regards
Jimi

sunvalleylaw
December 29th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Hey folks,

There is a bunch of guys doing a documentary on a movie called "the goonies". . . .All parts you hear on my MP3 repeat themselves so I did a short basic version only - yesterday after a bunch of days organizing this piece, I recorded it. Rough version! No big deal.

I'll be in the studio the next two weeks and I hope I can record this piece in its entirety with real drums and bass.

What do you think of it so far? (I attached a medley of the themes, I chose the forst theme apporx the first 1,5 minutes)

Hopefully, those guys like it and I get a shot at placing it for the soundtrack.
Please cross your fingers for me :-)

Regards
Jimi

I personally like it, and think it fits with other examples I have seen of rocking out a more classical type piece. Made me want to get up and dance the pogo!

Justaguyin_nc
December 29th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I also liked it... has a more addictive feel to it while staying with the classical lines..Not only for the documentary, the up tempo would make it nice in a game enviroment... keep up the good work.. fingers crossed.. let us hear the final...

Justa

Hogfullofblues
December 30th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I think you nailed it too and especially liked the guitar harmonies.
Good Luck!