PDA

View Full Version : FS: Reverend Reeves Gabrels w/Railhammer Vintage Pickup (Reeves 1.5)

ronbo
April 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Selling my Reverend Reeves Gabrels I Signature in Black Flame...When I bought the guitar used last year it had a defective bridge humbucker (grrr!), but Joe Naylor (Reverend Founder) had just come out with his line of Railhammer Pickups, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try one out, especially since Reverend had just redesigned the Reeves II to have Railhammer Chisels in it. Put the Railhammer HV bridge in and I feel it really has to be one of the best humbuckers I've ever played - very clear, chimey highs and the bass strings are very articulate even when overdriven hard because of the rails on the HB. Since I never really got to hear it with the original Rev bridge HB in it, I can't say how it changed the sound, but this guitar Rawks now! The Railhammer also pairs very nicely with the Dimarzio Fast Track in the neck which has a single-coil character, but still very quiet and coupled with the out-of-phase pull switch on the tone pot (when you're in the middle pickup switch position - both pickups engaged), it gets a really cool tone, kinda like that Brian May/Queen sound. If you've never played a Reverend, they have the Bass Contour Control (BCC) which cuts the bass and that really opens up the tonal possibilities on this guitar!

The Reeves Sig is a 25.5 in. scale with a 1-23/32 maple neck that feels great, Locking Pin Tuners, Graphite nut, Rosewood fretboard and medium-jumbo frets that I have really come to love....don't know how I played anything else! Will ship with a Fender gigbag.

I'm asking $600 - paypal fees and shipping included to the lower 48 only. No returns

Tig
April 11th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Nice deal! What a sad time to be cash poor. :cry:

Oh, and
:worthless

ronbo
April 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
OK, here's some pics, not gonna find one of these up very often :drool

2326. 2327

2328. 2329

BTW, I'm the second owner and the original owner actually played it in a band, so a few small dings and the usual light swirls on the back, but pretty good shape...

C'mon Tig, don't you have a child or a vehicle you can sell?

player
April 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Nice deal! What a sad time to be cash poor. :cry:

Oh, and
:worthlessdouble ditto about the cash,and no vehicles or kids.:mybad

ronbo
April 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
double ditto about the cash,and no vehicles or kids.:mybad

Well, you could sell an unused body part...you only really need 1 kidney! It's going to a good cause...'cause I need to buy a Hell Bender in sparkle red :dude

ronbo
April 19th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Price Drop to $600 - C'mon, you know you want to buy this lovely Railhammer loaded beast. If you've never played a Reverend, your life will never be complete, so here's your chance.....:happy

ronbo
April 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I've decided to hang on to this, think I'll put a trem on it and turn it into even more of a Rock Monster!