PDA

View Full Version : Fender blues deluxe reissue

Fretfingers123
April 15th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Anyone have one of these, and is it any good? When it comes to amps I haven't a ****ing clue, I just know I want a valve amp next. Time to start saving.

Robert
April 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I have played these amps, and I like em a lot. Great for that SRV blues tone.

Fretfingers123
April 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
That's what I'm after. Just have to start saving now.

Tig
April 15th, 2013, 08:41 PM
The Blues Deluxe Reissue is 40 watts, which is great for gigging. Not so great for home use unless you have a basement and no one else is at home.
What would you use it for the most?

Fretfingers123
April 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Bit of both really. I mean I do have it loud at home, the benefits of living between a pub and a graveyard. Only people I'm going to both I the zombies lol. And of course ill be using in to gig too.

Tig
April 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Well we'll know who to blame if the zombie uprising starts at your local graveyard!

You should be fine with this amp. It is one of those rare amps that gets an overwhelming approval by most people who play or own one.
I'd also consider a Peavey Delta Blues 115 or Peavey Classic 30 112.

Fretfingers123
April 16th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Brilliant ill check both of those out to before I go forking out for anything. Cheers mate.

cebreez
April 16th, 2013, 04:40 AM

I'll second the Classic 30!

kidsmoke
April 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM

+1

great bang for the buck on both of these amps.

guitartango
April 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM
The FBD is a great amp, but needs a few mods to make it into a "wow" amp.

Mods (http://fromelelectronics.com/modifications/Amps-Fender-Blues-Deluxe)

Or if you want to play at bedroom levels then a Dr Z brake Lite (http://www.drzamps.com/products/brake_lite.html)is a must.

Robert
April 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
The fender pro junior is another winner. 15 loud watts. I've gigged with mine many times - just mike it.

Duffy
April 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I have been using my Peavey Delta Blues with the fifteen inch speaker a lot over the last month and I can really appreciate that amp. These are made in the USA down in Mississippi and are about a hundred less than the Blues Deluxe. The Blues Deluxe is a very cool amp though, with real tweed covering, if that means anything to you. Both channels on the Delta Blues are very usable and the clean channel I am finding to be very beautiful sounding. I'm just using a Carbon Copy delay with modulation and the reverb built into the amp, that is a real reverb tank. It is definitely loud enough for probably most gigs.

duhvoodooman
April 17th, 2013, 12:51 PM
I had the 1x15 version of the Delta Blues for a while, and it was a great sounding amp, particularly the cleans. But for a home player like me, it was just too freakin' loud. Sold it to Spudman, and AFAIK, he still has it & gigs with it some(?). Maybe he'll comment....

otaypanky
April 18th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I got a Blues Deluxe when they came out back in '93 or so. Sold it a long time ago. Last year I grabbed a mint clean re-issue but ended up selling that pretty quickly. To my ears the sound was very bass heavy. It was possible to dial in some real nice tones from it but wasn't very versatile IMHO.

Fretfingers123
April 22nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
I feel a long day in the store coming on, playing the few different amps mentioned here. Oh the poor mrs...