PDA

View Full Version : The new Korg SP-280

Tig
April 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
While I've been GASing for the SV-1, this new little keyboard might be more practical than something over twice it's price.

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/closeup/xl/1600-SP280BK_detail1.jpg

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/1800/SP280BK-xlarge.jpg
The Korg SP-280 digital stage piano follows closely in the footsteps of the popular SP-250, providing you with excellent sounds, exceptional feel, and easy portability - all for a price that's too good to pass up. Loaded with over 30 top-notch sounds, you can call up anything from grand pianos and EPs to organs and strings on your SP-280, even layering sounds with ease. An impressive 2 x 22W stereo sound system makes playing at home or small gigs extremely simple, and at a touch under 42 lbs., you'll have no reservations whatsoever about gigging out with your Korg SP-280 digital piano.

A great feeling and wonderful sounding digital stage piano you can take to any gig
Full 88-note Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keybed provides heavier action in the lower register and lighter action in the high note for super-realistic acoustic piano feel
Loaded with 30 extremely realistic instrument sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, clavs, harpsichord, strings, and more
Damper resonance, key release noise, and other details add to the realistic sound
Powerful 2 x 22W stereo sound system is perfect for use at home and for small gigs
Partner mode keyboard splitting and dual headphone jacks provide great resources for taking or giving piano lessons
Lightweight design (only 42 lbs.) is ideal for gigging

Specification
Detail

Number of Keys

Number of Voices (Sounds)

Polyphony
60 Notes

Number of Effects

Effects Types
Reverb, Chorus

Sequencer
No Sequencer

Song Playback
30 Preset Songs

Number of Speakers

Amplifier
22W x 2

Number of Audio Inputs

Audio Input Types
No Audio Inputs

Number of Audio Outputs

Audio Output Types
1 x Headphone, 2 x TS

MIDI I/O
In, Out

Number of Pedals

Pedal Inputs
1 x Pedal Input

Height
5.51"

Width
50.98"

Depth
14.96"

Weight
<42 lbs.

Tig
April 15th, 2013, 07:44 PM
It might be the one I played last Friday at GC. If so, the feel is really nice and the piano sounds incredibly accurate.

Monkus
April 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Looks good....

Tig
April 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
It might be the one I played last Friday at GC. If so, the feel is really nice and the piano sounds incredibly accurate.

I went back and realized I played it's predecessor, the SP-250. It sounds great. The reviews on the 280 are positive.
Birthday in 2 months... Hmmm.