PDA

View Full Version : when blues bands go rogue

helliott
April 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
We were goofing around one night recently with classic rock stuff - the classic case of a blues band wondering we don't play more dance-able stuff, then remembering why we do the music we do - and ran through this. Then at a recent gig, late, quiet, we said WTF and ran it. Clammy as heck, but generally I'd rather hear a blues/rock band do classic rock than a classic rock band do blues. Anyway, posting this mostly as a lark. Let me know what you think.

https://www.box.com/s/kd271hzlq2avh1y9ut0r

piebaldpython
April 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
The song itself doesn't lend itself for "stretching out" like your other tunes. Good job on the tune but I can't get enthused over it because I'm not a big Steve Miller fan and that song in particular has always annoyed me no end. lol

helliott
April 30th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I hear that. Not my favourite artist or tune. But some in the band argued for a couple of curve balls, and I have to admit the people who buy the beer seem to like it a lot, so as long as it is a diversion I can live with it.

mrmudcat
May 1st, 2013, 02:17 AM
When I used to drink I couldnt dance more than 5 minutes without wanting/getting another beer let alone 20 minutes!! Yea 5 coronas in 20 minutes was about right.......what..............I said it .Why do you think im in the situation im in now !!!!:socool:rollover

I like a few SMB tunes like The joker ..........but never liked this song much.That being said the bands version was pretty damn good and I can see it being a good diversion to get the ladies on the dance floor!:dance

helliott
May 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
mmmm coronas ... mmmm

Yeah, mrmud, it's definitely just a diversion. Looking for some serous input on the next one I post shortly though. More our usual genre ....