PDA

View Full Version : I need a TubeScreamer...help please?

Zip
May 4th, 2013, 10:22 AM
So I need another TS808. A guy has a decent one (used) for sale, and he's throwing in a used Cry Baby wah with the deal. I just need a few bucks for the purchase.

So, any of you Fretters wanna help me out? Let me hold a few bucks? Oh yeah, link to the sale is here (http://www.eddievegas.com/store/details/1969-Jimi-Hendrix-Owned-Wah-SRV-Owned-1980-TS-808-Ibanez-Tube-Screamer.php). :thwap:dude:dude

piebaldpython
May 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I got yer 10 Grand right here..........:rollover

I presume they have "authenticated" that Jimi and SRV used those pedals, right? lol

Zip
May 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah, Jimi's sister was like 2 months old at the time, but she remembers it very well ;)

R_of_G
May 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM
The guy is obviously a liar, because not to sound like Indiana Jones or anything, but if Jimi Hendrix and SRV both owned that same pedal, it belongs in a museum, not that dude's living room.

tjcurtin1
May 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
You know what they say about a fool and his money...

davewrites
May 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Zowie! I'd recognize those boot scuffs anywhere!

duhvoodooman
May 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I'll come out of retirement and build you a ZYS Mark II for only $2500. That's just the kind of caring & generous guy I am....

davewrites
May 7th, 2013, 06:11 PM
I'll come out of retirement and build you a ZYS Mark II for only $2500. That's just the kind of caring & generous guy I am....

...but not before building that Dumble Amp you promised me!

cebreez
May 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I have a tubescreamer better than that one and I'm only wanting $5000. :thumbsup

Zip
May 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yes, but did the bottom of Stevie's shoe touch it? That's what makes this one so expensive - somehow, his mystical sneaker (cowboy boot?) imparted magical woody tone-ness to this stomp box changing it to - yes, real magic fairy dust!! Worth thousands, at least. :nope:sarcasm

cebreez
May 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yes, but did the bottom of Stevie's shoe touch it? That's what makes this one so expensive - somehow, his mystical sneaker (cowboy boot?) imparted magical woody tone-ness to this stomp box changing it to - yes, real magic fairy dust!! Worth thousands, at least. :nope:sarcasm

No but I think a homeless guy licked it! Does that count?:nono:

Monkus
May 10th, 2013, 12:54 PM
This...is why I love this forum....

sixstringdrug
May 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
only if the tone fuses their souls to mine ten its a bargain at 2x the price!!!

cebreez
May 24th, 2013, 06:39 PM
only if the tone fuses their souls to mine ten its a bargain at 2x the price!!!

A sucky straw from a talk box then fill the pedal with LSD. Then even if the pedal sucks your mind will be fused to "something".