PDA

View Full Version : Gimme three steps

piebaldpython
May 9th, 2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7dp1HgZnw

God, I love this song......loved the band......and the way they just kicked butt and had a good ole' time doing it. Pretty good musicians too.

I think it's neat that they play vastly different looking gits too......Rossington plays a LP.....Gaines plays a Strat.....and Collins plays some version of a Gibson Firebird.

cebreez
May 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Im a HUGE fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd! True story...! Our band was playing a pretty good version of that song at a reform school/ juve prison called "Spencer Youth Center" in Nashville, Tn and were asked to stop playing and leave when the inmates got too worked up and started a riot! Van Zant would have been proud!!

mrmudcat
May 11th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Gaines played a Strat,Explorer, Gibson RD,SG.DC among others! Collins did like a Firebird but the most famous had to be the 58 Explorer I think it is Korina(Claptons) He played a few strats also! :dude fo-sho.

piebaldpython
May 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
The Explorer.........that's right.......I couldn't remember the name of that git. Thanks Mud.

YouTube is amazing as it allows one to re-see events that have been only in one's minds-eye for 20-40 years. lol