PDA

View Full Version : New Band - New Rig!

Plank_Spanker
December 30th, 2006, 01:04 PM
In my last band, my rig was pretty much dictated to me. I hated it, but I lived with it. Now I'm starting a new band, and guess what! I can play any rig, any way I choose............neener, neener, neener.......:D

So, in light of my move to heavier, more modern material, I have assembled the rig of my dreams:

Germino Club 40 A/B'ed with Johnson JM150 Millennium. I have a small rack for my wireless, BBE, tuner, and Furman power box. I'm coming out of the rack into a Framptone A/B/Y box. One side goes to the Johnson, the other through a pedal board to the Germino. I did a "full up, full roar" test today and it sounds great. The two amps together are amazing. It's the rig that I've always wanted to play, and I can cover lots of sonic ground with it.

Now, I wish my ears would quit ringing............................:D

warren0728
December 30th, 2006, 01:14 PM
sounds like a sweet setup....how is starting a new band coming along?

ww

Plank_Spanker
December 30th, 2006, 01:30 PM
It's going well. We have almost a full set of material on the table and ready to polish. Everyone's motivated and chomping at the bit. I think we'll be gig ready by spring.

warren0728
December 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
cool....keep us posted!

ww

tot_Ou_tard
December 30th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Spanky can you post pics of your rig? It sounds great.

Any word on the name of the new band??

oldguy
January 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Spanker, are you doing the stereo thing with your rig?
I remember the first time I ran stereo across the stage with chorus/ping-pong delay...sounded so full you could cut it with a knife!:D