PDA

View Full Version : Just dropped in Again

ZMAN
May 27th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I have been on a long hiatus from message boards. I decided to drop by and see how things were going here. Funny I see Frankenfretter is back again as well.
Nothing much new, I have sold a few and bought a few, but I decided to thin the herd. I have kept in touch with Duffy on a daily basis by email so I have not lost touch completely.
I will hang out again and see how things are going. I have been on the Agile forum for a bit after buying an Agile Les Paul 3125. A chambered LP, and a very very nice guitar.
So hello again from Canada.

marnold
May 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Hey, Zman! Did we ever see pics of that Les Paul? I know I'd like to.

ZMAN
May 27th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Yes I did a whole thread on it back in 2011.
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/18865-NGD-finally-an-Agile!/page2
I started up with the Agile forum shortly after that. I think Duffy has the exact guitar as well.
It seems like Kurt at Rondo has lost his drive for the guitars. He has purchased a warehouse and is in the warehouse business. The guitars he is stocking now might be more to your liking. He rarely gets any of the 3125 chambered models in now.

mrmudcat
May 27th, 2013, 04:44 PM
zman in the house!

ZMAN
May 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM
I see you are back as well. When I left you were MIA as well for a while?

mrmudcat
May 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Well im not dead yet damn it all!!!

Robert
May 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome zman! Good
To see you back!
I've got 3 Hell guitars now - not sure if we talked about them when you were here.

Eric
May 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi, ZMAN. I have sold off every electric except for an Agile, so that's nice to hear that you still like yours (at least I think that's what you were intimating). Nice to see you back in the fold, even if you're just checking in.

ZMAN
May 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Yes I remember two that you had received. I am down to 20 with one left handed guitar I traded for. It will go to my Grandson when he is older. I got a G400 with Gibson pickups installed in mint condition for the same guitar in a righty with the stock pickups. That is a long story.

ZMAN
May 28th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Yes I was actually playing it today. I still think it is an amazing guitar. I always say that, and I don't put" for the money" on the end, because it just is a great guitar. I will be around and about now occasionally. I had a lot of issues with my Fathers health, and mine, so I have been busy. Now things are back to normal and I can get on with my life.

Tig
May 28th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Welcome back to "normal", whatever that may be. :poke
I've struck a good balance of gear, so while there's always GAS, I'm happy with what I'm using and don't see any big purchases for a time, except a keyboard.

In case you get bored, I highlighted a few news items over in FrankenFretter's thread:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/21499-Hello-again!?p=234184#post234184

ZMAN
May 29th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Welcome back to "normal", whatever that may be. :poke
I've struck a good balance of gear, so while there's always GAS, I'm happy with what I'm using and don't see any big purchases for a time, except a keyboard.

In case you get bored, I highlighted a few news items over in FrankenFretter's thread:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/21499-Hello-again!?p=234184#post234184

Normal: Having my life back. My Dad was 86 and he was in poor mental shape. He was living by himself, and would not go to a retirement home. It was one tough time. We finally found he had brain cancer and he went peacefully. I was having issues with my sight, and that has been cleared up with 3 surgeries.
I had come to the decision to downsize, when I was clearing out my Dad's place. He had so much stuff that had to be donated or found a good home for. I really have some great gear and it is all righty. My oldest Grandson is a definite lefty, and one or both of my other ones are going to be lefties as well. I ran across an ad where a guy wanted to trade a lefty G400 Epiphone for a Righty. I called and we made the swap. The one I got has Gibson BBs in it, and the one he got had the stock Epis. I saw the bill of sale and he paid 800 with the pickups installed. I am sure my Grandson will love it when he is old enough.
I sold a couple of amps and guitars and I am slowly winding it down. I will keep only my best.

FrankenFretter
June 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Hey Zman, good to see you back here as well. It's almost like the old gang getting back together again!