PDA

View Full Version : Impulse buy, GV-2 plus.

sunvalleylaw
June 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Stopped by the local buy/sell guitar shop today. The owner needed a sale and knocked 15 off his asking to 50 so I bit. Alwayshttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/06/ta8arezu.jpg wondered how one would work with my stuff. Now we will find out.

Tig
June 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Cool! :cool:
HNPD

Spudman
June 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
That's a pretty nice and versatile pedal. HNPD!

duhvoodooman
June 6th, 2013, 05:48 AM
That's a pretty nice and versatile pedal. HNPD!
+1

Way more EQ adjustment capability than most dirt pedals, esp. on the bass end.

sunvalleylaw
June 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Got to try it with my C-30 at work for a bit today, with my tele on the bridge, as that is the only pickup that works on it right now. Loved it! I really like the extra bass control (called "Deep"). This guy also has the jackhammer and a couple of the other of the Marshall pedals in his store, and he would have traded me if I didn't like it. But I like this vintage Marshally distortion sound as something different from my Rodent and my old DS-1. I bet I could get a similar sound out of the Rodent, but it is nice to use the Rodent for it's own thing, and let this one be its own thing. Now I get to try it on my Fender Concert at home. I may not get to tonight as the family probably won't want be rattling the windows that much, but sometime soon.

Eric
June 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Cool deal. You now have all 3 of the pedals that most boutique ones are based on: Tubescreamer, Rat, and Guvnor. That ought to cover a lot of ground. Have fun with it!

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2013, 01:07 PM
...You now have all 3 of the pedals that most boutique ones are based on: Tubescreamer, Rat, and Guvnor. Not sure that I'd agree with that. I'd have the Fuzz Face and the Big Muff in that Top 3 list along with the Tubescreamer. The Dallas Rangemaster treble booster, Univibe and Octavia have to be right up there, too.

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Well, I do still have the Lil' Big Muff, though I do not have a fuzz face variant. The rest of that list (treble, univibe, Octavia) I will be content to model through my Line 6 M9 for as much as I use those effects. At least for now! ;)