PDA

View Full Version : Brand New DVM-made ZYS Mark II to benefit Moore OK tornado relief

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Several of you own one, and a lot more of you have heard about the Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II, aka the ZYS. You may also be aware that I don't build them anymore, though I do have an arrangement with another guy who does. Simply put, this is the best damn modified Tube Screamer overdrive that you will ever hear--great boosted/overdriven tone and incredible flexibility. Maybe a couple of the Fret.net ZYS owners will stop by and corroborate my claim.

Anyway, given the tornado disaster in Moore, Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago, I came up with the bright idea of building a ZYS and offering it for sale here, auction style. I just want to get $50 out of it to cover my materials cost (I'm donating the labor). My business associate currently offers this pedal, fully painted & decaled, for $200, and he's selling a LOT of them. So let's start the bidding at $150, so that at least $100 goes to those unfortunate folks in Moore. But I'm hoping we can do better than that, so lets see some "competitive generosity" here, people! Post your bids right here in the thread. You can't lose--it's for a good cause and you get a great pedal!

BTW, the pedal is already built & painted, so it just needs to be decaled and get the final clearcoating. For those of you unfamiliar with the ZYS, here are a few tidbits for you:

ZYS page on my website, with photos: http://www.duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/zys_mkII.htm

Techie details galore: http://www.duhvoodooman.com/musical/zys/ZYS%20Mark%20II.pdf

RR his own bad self giving the ZYS a workout, first with his Suhr Classic, and then with a Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd59URhPAWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYaErlz1fY

Robert
June 7th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Couldn't you find a better looking and better playing demo guy? Gee, that guy plain sux! :D
Plus, his hair is too thin.

Seriously though, this a great initiative - bid high, enjoy a great pedal and know you will be making a difference for people in need.

duhvoodooman
June 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Couldn't you find a better looking and better playing demo guy? Gee, that guy plain sux! Maybe so, but check out his world-class veins! ;)

sunvalleylaw
June 7th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Wow, what a great gesture! It is a wonderful pedal and well worth it, plus the lucky winner gets a really nice and useful pedal. I use mine ALL the time! So much versatility. That's great of you DVM!

marnold
June 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Very cool pedal for an even better cause. I know I really like my OD2 (Aka JV ZYS).

Monkus
June 8th, 2013, 06:38 AM
I own one... Great pedal, great cause. There's no way you could go wrong with this one.

duhvoodooman
June 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
* BUMP *

C'mon guys, it's for a great cause....

duhvoodooman
June 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
* BUMP #2 *

You guys are really disappointing me here..... :reallymad:

sunvalleylaw
June 11th, 2013, 10:26 PM
This is a really great custom pedal that is super useful. And a great cause. Some one wants this. Lets start bidding!

poodlesrule
June 13th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I do want it, as may others. Let's find out!

Opening at $160, here.

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM
All right! here we go! That is still $40 below current selling price!

duhvoodooman
June 13th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I do want it, as may others. Let's find out!

Opening at $160, here.
Outstanding! Thanks, Poodles! OK, who's going to try to deprive this man of this killer dirt box with a higher bid??

duhvoodooman
June 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
C'mon, isn't somebody gonna stop the Poodleman from stealing this pedal for $160?? Anyone? Bueller? Or to quote a different movie....is there noone else??

sunvalleylaw
June 15th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Bump for a great cause and a great pedal! Those folks still need help over there, and this is a great way to give it to them, and reward yourself along the way.

duhvoodooman
June 15th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I'll be closing this auction down at midnight on Monday June 17, so only a bit more than 2 days left to grab this bad boy....

poodlesrule
June 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Friendly Bump for the folks who missed it

duhvoodooman
June 19th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Sold to the Poodlemeister for $160!! Thanks!!

sunvalleylaw
June 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Congrats PR! That is a great pedal you have coming!

poodlesrule
July 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
The ZYS has landed...!

(after a small detour, as I mistakenly swapped two numbers on my zip code, but USPS eventually caught on).

It *does" scream!
I have nice neighbors - so far.

Thanks to DVM for the nice touch on the inside cover.